the Rift

[PRIVATE] This is my Confession

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
“Tembovu…” His eyes pop open, head raising and jerking to the side, finding the very woman who held so much of his respect and guilt all at once. Dark eyes do not miss the small, fleeting smile that tentatively crosses her pink-slashed muzzle. Nor does it miss her cowering posture, so unfitting on the usual warrior’s poise she carried herself with. His body shifts to face her as she speaks, guilt and misery tightening in his chest with her rush of self-berating words. He loses her eyes as they avert, and her body as she steps backwards…

To be truthful, the Elephant had been so absorbed with the pulsing, breathing life of his son that he had entirely missed Elsa’s absence from it. He had been to absorbed in his thoughts of Rexanna returning… Ears tilt back as he takes a step towards his Queen, closing the distance that she had placed between them. A glance at Edgar reminds him that Mbwene was foraging in the trees not far behind them, but she sought distance from his anguished thoughts.

“Do not apologize, Elsa,” his low voice is quiet, but firm, “You gave me more than I could ever ask for. A child— a living, breathing son— it is all I have dreamed of since… since I buried mine…” His voice fades, thick emotion tightening around his throat and leaving him wordless. But he has thoughts, feelings, and actions.

“I’m so afraid everything is going to repeat itself…” Her words, ominous and foreboding, repeat themselves in his skull. Regret, so poignant and painful that it pushes him to movement, slices through the dark tangle in his chest. His hooves carry him closer to the pale woman— once cloaked in ice but now bare and vulnerable before him. His muzzle stretches out to try and press alongside her slender face for a few, long moments, before he begins to speak halting words that brew stronger, darker demons within him.

“It is I who must apologize—” a deep breath, seeking to breath in her calming, sensual scent, “I came to you hurt, broken. And I care so deeply for you— you said all the things I needed, you were all the things I needed— and now Hawezi—” his voice breaks once, but he perseveres in the self-flagellation of truth, “Elsa, I admire you. I treasure our time together— it was real and true… But there is another,” navy eyes that had roamed over her face as he spoke lock onto her eyes, now, “Another I care for differently than how I care for you. It does not make what we have any less real or right. But…” he falters, watching the depths of her milky and sapphire eyes, “…But I’ve asked her to come live in the Edge.”

He finishes, body rigid as he fights against every muscle straining to hold her, to draw her into his chest. Because the next step was hers to take.
Fire & Ice

@Elsa I'm SO SORRY this took so long. She's breaking my heart

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
This is my Confession - by Tembovu - 05-24-2016, 11:11 AM
RE: This is my Confession - by Elsa - 05-24-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: This is my Confession - by Tembovu - 06-01-2016, 01:47 AM
RE: This is my Confession - by Elsa - 06-01-2016, 05:58 PM
RE: This is my Confession - by Tembovu - 06-12-2016, 10:03 PM
RE: This is my Confession - by Elsa - 06-15-2016, 05:14 PM
RE: This is my Confession - by Tembovu - 07-02-2016, 09:23 AM