the Rift

[PRIVATE] I don't want to set the world on fire
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Somewhere between here and there, there and here, her armor had been stolen. It had to have been one of the rare and few moments she and Torleik had been apart, mostly likely when she was taking one of her frequent naps (as of late she had been completely exhausted). The thought angered her, but the instinct to go chasing whatever asshole had dared take from her across the map and beat them inch by bloody inch into the ground was distinctly missing. She furrowed her brows in consideration as they moved slowly south - far more slowly than usual due to her exhaustion.

Why didn't she feel the desire to go absolutely obliterate the one who stole her armor? She grumbled quietly, closing her two colored eyes as she turned into the thickly built, winter stallion at her side. As they walked for hours, she got lost in her own head, thoughts jumping with questions that went unanswered and making circles in her mind - deep tracks of frustration until she felt something in her side shift.

Ophelia snapped her eyes open and blinked. Wait... could she be?

Pregnant?

She hadn't thought it was possible since Roskuld. Her blood was tainted. Her father was a warlord, and she was a hybrid of two species. Not only that, but she and Torleik had been quite... active... with each other for quite some time without a pregnancy. Why now? Or was she further along than she thought?

Either way, this was the only thing that made sense and answered all of her questions. Of course the instinct to go mind rape a bitch was gone; she had to protect her offspring at all costs. Ophelia knew that the most important thing was the life in her belly and she would do whatever it took to guard the little life. Her days of waging war were going to be limited until they were born and perhaps after; she couldn't risk leaving a babe to fend for itself. She even made sure she stayed by Roskuld until the girl was old enough to wander on her own.

Not that she had been a prime example of a mother to her first child, but she was intent on doing things right this time. If not for herself, then for Torleik.

When her cloven hooves splashed on the halcyon flats, she paused, breathing heavily and leaning against his thick, dark frame. He inhaled her scent and she buried the side of her face into his braids, wondering just how to drop this bit of news on him. In typical Ophelia-fashion, she did it ungracefully and without warning. "I love you and I'm pregnant," she finally stammered, looking up at him openly and perhaps a little afraid. "We are going to have a kid."

"This winter breath, taste of death
Where iron meets flesh. we'll take it all"

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't want to set the world on fire - by Ophelia - 05-19-2016, 09:27 PM