the Rift

[PRIVATE] I don't want to set the world on fire

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

It had not escaped his notice, the theft of his woman's armor. He had spoken briefly to Phi on the matter and had noted the anger with which she had informed him of the loss of the object - and he understood. He'd been angry when the Moon bitch had taken back the armor she'd given him; it was a slap in the face to have something of yours taken, no matter how it happened. The Bloodskald had resolved to get it back for her, whatever it took, though simmering over it now would do him no good. They had come across no one to find information from on their current path, but surely someone soon would know something. Ophelia and her armor were well known in Helovia.

Torleik also hadn't failed to notice that Phi seemed more tired as of late. He attributed it to sleeping poorly since the theft of her armor, and from the somewhat constant traveling they were partaking in now. Her flagging energy concerned him, but she didn't look unhealthy - so he'd held his tongue and simply watched her more closely, knowing that she would tell him she was fine and not to worry if he'd brought it up. But now, they paused to take a breath and regain some strength, and he felt Ophelia lean against him.

Suddenly, she spoke, and laid upon him the heaviest words his ears had ever heard - nearly for a second time.

A pregnancy. A child.

The first time he'd been told this, it had turned out to be a lie, and no love had ever been involved. This, here, now, with Ophelia and the knowledge that there was no way her pregnancy could be from any other male...

Torleik's eyes went wide as the enormous sun to his left, his knees feeling as weak as the rippling, shallow saltwater beneath their hooves. He replayed the words just to make sure he'd heard them right and not somehow imagined this; to make sure he wasn't losing his mind.

"I love you and I'm pregnant. We are going to have a kid."

Was his mouth as agape as his eyes were wide and his mind glaringly blank? "I..." he tried, brows furrowing as he blinked once, twice, again, again, again... "You're...?" The fear hit hard and clamped down on his throat like a vise, and he looked down, searching for comforting ground to remind himself he was still on the earth. But the water reflected only the sky and it felt like he was trapped, falling with nothing solid beneath him. Quickly, he snapped his gaze up, back to the two starkly different and equally beautiful eyes that belonged to the woman he loved so deeply.

Who was pregnant.

With his child.

Reality slammed into him harder than the fear, and suddenly a ragged smile burst forth across his face. "You're pregnant!" Torleik popped, a slightly strangled laugh following the words. "You're pregnant...with my baby..." he murmured much quieter, his glacial orbs searching her face, finding no deceit, no duplicity. This was really true, really happening.

And for as terrified as he was, he couldn't possibly be happier.

"Gods I love you," the Bloodskald grunted, throwing his neck around hers and crushing her close. "I love you so much. And I love the child inside of you - my little son or daughter...you're both perfect."

"talk talk talk"

"This winter breath, taste of death
Where iron meets flesh. we'll take it all"

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

@Ophelia
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't want to set the world on fire - by Torleik - 05-19-2016, 09:56 PM