the Rift

[PRIVATE] I don't want to set the world on fire
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia was glad that they had spoken on the matter of her armor and was glad that Torleik would do his best to return it to her. She wouldn't have minded so much if it had not reminded her of the god who had given it to her: the Sun God. That she let such a precious reminder of his light get away was shameful and upsetting, and she knew that her lover would understand. He had this way of knowing how she felt even when she did not fully understand it herself, and even if he was jealous, he would do his best to make her happy.

That as another thing she liked about him. He was able to shed his own fears, jealousies and feelings for her own, and no one else had been able to do that. No one she met anyway. Ophelia believed that was something that love brought - the ability to let go of yourself for the good of another. She wanted to get better at this skill, but it was difficult, having been alone and taken advantage of for so long.

But she was a firm believer in what she told Thranduil during their battle. The love she shared with Torleik was a shield. With him guarding her heart, no words could damage the tender flesh. No other opinion mattered, so why would they hurt?

Beneath the setting sun in the flats, she mused on love and her current state. She was pregnant, without a doubt. And in a tumble of words, graceless and fumbling, she had told Torleik exactly what she knew. Nervously, she watched his expression, seeing his deep, blue eyes widen with shock. Was it good shock? Bad shock? Yes, this wasn't exactly a great time, and no, she didn't share this news with the best segue. But surely he wasn't upset...

With bated breath she waited until a handsome, heart-wrenching smile pulled at the corners of his dark lips, and she felt as if she became weightless in joy. Ophelia nodded when his excited words praised her and their unborn child, his bearded jaw crushing her to his body. She laughed even as her neck was wrenched a bit, to avoid her horn from poking into his body, but she had never felt happier. With her face pressed into his body, grinning from ear to ear, she felt complete.

This was her family.

"I love you too, Torleik," she murmured back. "I never thought I could, but I do. This... this more than I deserve and more than I could ever imagine, but this is my family. You are my family..." she said, stammering a little. "And I am happy."

Ophelia stood there, pressed against him and basking in their joy for quite a long time. The sun had set, leaving them embracing beneath a warm, spring starry sky. Stars even sparkled around them, seemingly, as the water made a nearly perfect image of what was above, and she exhaled calmly. "Can we go to the Dragon's Throat, Tor?" she asked finally. "I want to be surrounded by an island that none else can enter. After my armor getting stolen... I don't... our child..." she whispered, trying to manage her words.

"I want to take every precaution to help our child. I've seen how fragile life is, even in the womb." Guilt hit her suddenly as she remembered challenging a pregnant Confutatis. She hadn't given a damn then, and she had been ready to destroy the mare and her children. "And I want us to be able to wander without looking over our shoulders every step. Will you do this for me? Please?"

"This winter breath, taste of death
Where iron meets flesh. we'll take it all"

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't want to set the world on fire - by Ophelia - 05-19-2016, 10:29 PM