the Rift

[PRIVATE] I don't want to set the world on fire
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Surprised when he pulled back, she gave him a look, softening at his words. It was cute how adamant he was that she believe she was worthy, and it was admirable how thoroughly he tried to change her mind. Maybe over time, she would feel it as securely as he spoke, but regardless, she smiled. His bearded face shoved into hers, tickling her whiskers, and she chuckled, squinting her face up in response. "If you so say, Tor," she sighed in reply, lipping at his braided beard. "I will do my best to believe."

After some time, she made her case, stating that she would feel safer in a herd and wanted to go to the Dragon's Throat. She sure as hell wasn't going back to the Aurora Basin, not to have children. While she trusted Archibald in the Falls, she wasn't sure who else was there. The Edge seemed slightly unstable, and going back there with Torleik seemed to be a rather sour suggestion. In the Throat, Gaucho and Meg were protective, and she respected them both. Cera, the sweet prince, was also there. Plus, it was an island, and she had spent some of her youth in the sands.

When he withdrew, she stiffened, feeling her heart hurt in response. She grit her jaw defiantly and stood firm. His emotions would not sway her resolve, and she wouldn't let his pride get in the way of what she knew would be the best for their child. Ophelia listened to his words and blinked with glassy eyes in offense at his accusation, and she squeezed her cloven toes in the sands in her anxiety.

"I am not saying you can't protect us," she growled, withdrawing emotionally from the sting. "Never once did I say that. But if there is a chance that we can be even safer than we are, then I want to act on it." Surely he couldn't be angry with her over that logic. Surely he understood just as well that this wasn't about him.

"There are good ones there, and thank you," she said with a frown, lowering her neck slightly in defeat. "We should start that way," she added quietly, beginning to trek through the beautiful sky mirror of the flats toward the sandy Throat. Ophelia sighed heavily, wondering if she could bear the weight of his emotions and her own. Still, the life growing inside of her kept her moving on. She shed her doubts and hoped that Tor would just accept her for who she was: protective.

"This winter breath, taste of death
Where iron meets flesh. we'll take it all"

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't want to set the world on fire - by Ophelia - 05-23-2016, 09:24 PM