the Rift

[PRIVATE] fire in my soul

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Were you scared?” Rexanna’s ears pivoted to the mare, listening as Ada continued. A small nod was given to her and a soft smile as the Thief remembered the terror that ripped through her throughout the pregnancy. The fear that Ashamin wouldn’t accept the idea of being a father, first, then the entire birthing experience. But the moment when she had finally given birth and Rein had breathed, stood, and even figured out how to smile, it was surreal; but all so relieving when everything worked out like it should have the first time. “Yes. Terrified.” She began, shifting her weight - her hooves sinking slightly in the sands. “There’s nothing more terrifying than that moment - but you end up being more careful the next time than the first time, more cautious about everything. I had an idea of what happened to cause my loss, but it was so early in the pregnancy I didn’t want to believe it was a possibility. Rein, my son, was very active before he was born. It was solace amid my emotional terror.” She offered a bigger smile to the mare.

Yet, as the spotted mare continued, Rexanna knew she was right. Exotic names were different to everyone. She was used to hearing names like her own, but Adaeze was quite the exotic name as well. A small laugh escaped the Thief as her blue gaze sought the spotted mare. “Fair enough. Anything that ends with Anna is more of a commoner name, where I’m from.” She admitted, her smile fading slightly but still there. As she listened, however, she let the names that the woman had picked out for her stillborn child linger in the air. Kiada and Kianzo. “Those names are beautiful.” She admitted, shifting her weight once again and taking a slight glance out to sea - internally debating with herself whether or not she should ask to borrow those names. Perhaps they were more of a situational pick. Maybe she had better names now that if she were to end up pregnant again she could choose from. Or maybe, even, she might not ever want to bear a child again. If anyone, Rexanna could understand that.

They are very exotic sounding to me.” She paused, looking back to Ada and letting her gaze rake across her elegant face to try and register any sort of facial change as she began to ask her next question. “Would you… Maybe mind if I borrowed those names? I imagine I’ll only need one of them.” She tilted her head slightly, her gaze lingering on the mare’s face in the hopes that perhaps the mare would allow her to borrow them. As she paused in waiting for the mare’s response, Remy let his attention swivel between the two of them - back and forth a bit like a yo-yo, trying to capture each one’s facial cues. He couldn’t see very well, but he did his best to try and remember things in the change that Rexanna wouldn’t be able to.

"Talk."
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 05-20-2016, 12:27 AM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 05-21-2016, 11:49 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 05-22-2016, 12:13 AM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 05-22-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 05-22-2016, 05:04 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 05-25-2016, 12:07 AM
RE: fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 05-26-2016, 08:55 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 06-01-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 06-02-2016, 12:05 AM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 06-02-2016, 12:41 AM