the Rift

[OPEN] but ten times out of nine, I'm only human

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Going to the Veins wasn't something that I did often. I found that the place held a certain melancholy feel to it that made my heart ache. I knew why, though. I couldn't go there without looking at the Earth God's shrine. And I couldn't look at his shrine without thinking about my brother. I couldn't think about Hototo without reliving the events that lead to his death. I could still see Gaucho in my mind as he attacked my brother, I could still hear my mother's scream and her pleas to take her instead. Obviously it wasn't something that I liked to think about, but in the times where I found myself missing my brother so badly I would go there and I would stand in front of that shrine and I would think about Hototo. Sometimes I would talk to him like he was really there and it wasn't just a slab of stone that I was talking to. And I would always end by telling him that I loved him and I would ask the Earth God to tell him for me just in case he couldn't hear me.

Normally I would fly up and land at the shrines, but for some reason I didn't this time. I walked up the path and as I did I thought about the very last time I'd walked up it. I'd practically dragged a very reluctant Cathun with me because I'd wanted to save him.  He'd disappeared shortly after and I still wondered about where he'd gone and hoped that he would be okay. I decided as I walked up the path that I would pray for him even though I knew that he would hate to know that I did. He was such a jerk, but he was still one of my friends.

"Show me the way."

"Oh!" Never before had I gone to the shrines to find someone already there. Even when I'd met Cathun he was already on the path leaving the shrines. "I'm sorry, I didn't know there was someone already here." I apologized. I knew that prayer was something sacred and so very personal. "I'll ... I'll come back later." I offered before glancing at the Earth God's shrine. It would be there later, so i didn't mind waiting. I didn't want the mare (why did she look familiar?) to cut her time short just because of me, but I also hoped she'd say that she didn't mind and that we could share the shrines.

"."
wishing on a shooting star
     but dreams alone won't get you far
image credits

@Nymeria

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: but ten times out of nine, I'm only human - by Ranjiri - 05-28-2016, 11:09 PM