the Rift

[PRIVATE] The simple and the complex

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

"Where worlds collide, blood divides
When darkness falls, fate calls"

It wasn't much of a shock that their burgeoning foray into life as parents was beginning on ground as stable as sliding, breaking shale rock - although Torleik mused that Ophelia would still have an easier time than he, with her cloven hooves. He supposed that reflected her prior stint of pregnancy and motherhood. That was a bitterly sour thought across his brain's ridges and he shoved it aside. Not now. Their journey was silent, and though he felt somewhat tense in general, it wasn't completely directed at his woman. She vexed him with her impossibly independent nature, but he loved her. They would figure this out, make it work. They had to. He had to.

The rhythm of their steps had lulled him into a bit of a stupor, and he thought that the first hints of a voice he heard were just rustlings on the wind, buffeted air that twisted and sounded off similar to a voice or song or scream. Nothing new, nothing to pay much heed to. But the words that slithered past his ear clear as the reflected sky in placed water on the ground of the Halcyon Flats made his head snap up, his entire body tense and on alert. "Did you hear that?" the Bloodskald asked Phi, glancing at her and feeling he already knew the answer. These words, they had been meant for him alone, but why?

As he cast his sharp blues around for any hint of who might have owned the voice, an unmistakably new arrival commanded his attention: a floating orb of light. Intrigued and wary, he took a hesitant step toward it, stopping and looking back to Ophelia. "Come with me?" he asked, hopeful, uncertain. "There might be danger if I bring you with, or the danger might be to scare me into leaving you here...and I would rather face whatever comes with you by my side," he told her firmly.  

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

Omg I don't know how to tag random event ;-;
@Ophelia
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
The simple and the complex - by Random Event - 05-20-2016, 01:17 PM
RE: The simple and the complex - by Torleik - 05-25-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: The simple and the complex - by Ophelia - 05-27-2016, 10:05 PM
RE: The simple and the complex - by Random Event - 05-29-2016, 10:00 AM