[PRIVATE] I think I got it.

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

Is it because my life is ten shades of grey,
I pray all ten fade away.

His breaths seemed painfully slow, as he draws each one in she cringes slightly. Her own breaths were shorter, harsher. Her concerned eyes study him, she knew that this was his own fault. He'd tried to steal from her family. He had tried to hurt someone under her fathers protection and yet she couldn't shake the upset. The need to make sure he got better. After all, he was her friend and she didn't survive a snowstorm for him to give up his grasp on life now. There was no blame on her father, in fact she still intended to have words with him the moment he felt better. It was strange but for some reason she felt responsible for him.

His lips for her name and she smiles sadly. "I'm here. It's okay." She responds trying to soothe him, her voice soft. So much is familiar, reminding her of the time they were stranded in the cave. She would not abandon him now. She wondered if the lullaby she'd hummed to him before would help. Only his eyes drooped closed, so she gently nuzzled him, her touch soft. He doesn't look at her, either he won't or he can't. 'Oh Rikyn.' Was she a fool to have befriended him? Would he continue to be a threat to her family, ending up on the opposite side of the battlefield? She cared for him too much to loose him in a senseless fight.

Aelin blinks, still withdrawing her touch. To her he seems distressed, she feels so useless. Unable to heal him - yet again the need to do something yet being completely unable to help. In times like these she was useless. Here was someone he cared about laying semi-conscious on the stone of the Heart and he needed her. Yet she could only stand here and watch as he suffered, drifting in and out the world. A sigh passed through her lips, pity and anger stirred for an odd combination in the girl's stomach.

The sound of her father arriving causes her to straighten up. Glancing down she see that Rikyn's eyes have opened. Looking up at her father she closes her eyes, wishing he'd kept his eyes shut. The appearance of Gaucho would only make the matters worse, it would have been better if he remained ignorant until he was healed. He struggles to get up of the ground and Aelin finds herself desperately shaking her head. "No." He needs to lie still, the last thing he needs to do is open a wound up further. Her eyes look over his visible injuries, why had he allowed himself to get into this state again. Turning to her father she offers him a worried smile. Aelin knows it's not his job to fix her foolish friend but she appreciates him coming here all the same. She also knows that she was one of the few people that he'd do this for, when she got home she'd make it up to him. She wanted to show her gratitude. Looking back she sees him begin to scatter stones as his legs struggle and kick uselessly at stones. "Shhhh." She winces as his dark body drops heavily back down against the snowless earth. Tears prick at her eyes, Aelin blinks them away, she will not crumble in front of either of them.

Her father speaks and she shuffles out of the way, wanting to make sure he got all of the healing flames. Finally her breathing eases, Gaucho's voice is enough to settle to nervousness. His powerful and commanding presence would always be the source of her comfort and strength. Aelin liked to think that she was very much her fathers daughter.

Rikyn has blacked out again as the flames mend his injuries. Aelin watches in wonderment, fascinated and awed by the magic. Her friend becomes almost whole once again. Walking away from Rikyn she cuddles into Gaucho. "Thank you papa." To have Rikyn better and to have a father that loved her unconditionally, (he was willing to heal her idiotic companions), she truly lived a blessed life.

Finally she notices Rikyn stir and moves back to his side, her now calm gaze is wide, taking in his mostly healed body. A miracle. Shaking her head at the events that had unraveled she looked into Riykn's blinking golden eyes. He's looking back at her, she holds her gaze steady, monitoring his every movement wondering how he would react to her papa. If he attacked out of fear Aelin would be forced to step in and stop him. It felt as if it was now up to Aelin to make sure these two never clashed again. It was something she would happily carry out in order to protect her father and family. The idea that Rikyn would thank her makes the girl uncomfortable. She, for whatever reason, doubted that the dark boy had ever sincerely thanked someone before.

Aelin backs away as he begins to make attempts to righten himself. While the girl doesn't offer assistance she stands close enough to catch him if he were to fall. Rolling onto his belly and then standing upright, Aelin nods happily. As he looks back towards her she offers him an encoring smile to speak although it fell at his words. "Edavrasa dorvi." She mutters, her eyes flicking over to her father. A small smile tugging at the corner of her lips as she watches him.

Suddenly Rikyn leans closer to her, she starts but remains still wondering if he need her for support. A shiver rolls down her spine as his breath tickles her neck. A frown creases her face, wondering what on earth her was doing. His words are able understandable but she manages to guess the list of his words. The sound that escapes her lips is something between a disbelieving snort and a slight amused laugh. Typical. Honestly, did Rikyn not realise the gift he'd just received? Sighing she turned to her father and raised her gaze to him. "Ave, zalat anna tat afis ha jin Foth?" She left it up to her father if she should return home or remain with Rikyn. She wanted to have a moment alone with him and ask way he'd attacked her home. He knew she was from the south! Surely he'd guessed that from their last meeting. While she knew he hadn't intentionally been trying to hurt her, in fact she doubted she'd been apart of his thought process, she did wonder why.

Because he had ended up hurting her through these actions.

@Gaucho

Edavrasa drove - Useless goat.
Sorry for the length and wait guys! ;-;
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Messages In This Thread
I think I got it. - by Rikyn - 05-21-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: I think I got it. - by Aelin - 05-28-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: I think I got it. - by Gaucho - 06-02-2016, 09:30 AM
RE: I think I got it. - by Rikyn - 06-08-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: I think I got it. - by Aelin - 07-14-2016, 09:20 PM