the Rift

[PRIVATE] Faithful, to Thee
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia paused, her heart pounding in her chest as she waited for her daughter's response. More than any other creature, this individual who held a piece of her so tightly, she could destroy her with a single word or look. Perhaps she was mad to do so, but Ophelia continued extending herself to her daughter, knowing that is what she would have wanted from her father. She did not want to be the strong, emotionless shell of a parent, there to protect and discipline without true love or affection. Even if Roskuld were to chop off every limb extended, she would keep crawling her direction.

Because that's just want you did with your children. No matter what hate or anger they threw your way, you were still the one who gave them life. They were still yours. Nothing changed that - ever.

The "oh" she received was less then comforting, but Ophelia held fast, knowing that she found the news of her twin brothers' birth challenging as well. Granted, one of them turned out to be a psychotic devil and the other was just... well... strange. Still, she remembered what that moment had been like, and how she feared being replaced as a focus of her mother's love and attention.

So, she waited. Ophelia stood patient until Roskuld spoke again and thanked her for the information. Despite herself, a smile curled up the sides of her mousy lips. Even if the girl was uncomfortable with the idea, at least she was growing more accustomed to it by the moment. "You are welcome," she said quietly. Slowly, she took a hesitant step closer, her weight spreading the toes of her cloven hooves more than before.

Very carefully, Phi moved toward the edge of the pond to drink while Roskuld continued to work through whatever she was thinking. The Amaranthine was patient. She would wait however long it took to earn her daughter back. Finally, she lifted her head, brows furrowing when Ros apologized. Ophelia shook her head, sighing and feeling hope bloom like a wildflower in summer.

"Thank you," she said, immediately. "And you were forgiven from the moment you spoke those words to me. I hold no grudges against you, no matter what emotion come my way. You are entitled to every one, and I know I was not as good to you as I should have been." Ophelia admitted these faults freely, unfettered by pride in the face of her child.

"I just... I hope... that we can be a family, Roskuld. You will make a great sibling - unlike I was." The smile on her lips persisted and she took another deep breath, preparing for the long journey south. "I hope I see you soon. Hopefully you will see me with a child. Until then, Rokuld. I love you."

put a quote here
Image Credits

@Roskuld

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Faithful, to Thee - by Roskuld - 05-21-2016, 01:28 PM
RE: Faithful, to Thee - by Ophelia - 08-28-2016, 11:49 PM
RE: Faithful, to Thee - by Roskuld - 09-03-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: Faithful, to Thee - by Ophelia - 09-11-2016, 12:47 PM