the Rift

[OPEN] Caught in the undertow,

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

I slog silent miles through that barren landscape, floating beneath the shrouded sun much like the ghostly tendrils that skim my neck. I’d convinced myself many miles and hours back that these frozen mounds are somehow familiar; but the secret truth was, there is no way I could have known. Not when almost two years of violent weather had altered their shape and texture. Two years. A callous smile creases the corner of my face as if the admission is humorous; two years. Two lonely, fruitless little years. Thankfully there was nobody around to enjoy my senseless, soundless giggling. This mind scatters like the snow on breast of these foothills. I feel aloof and disjointed. Perhaps it was a result of being travel weary to the point of incoherent; or perhaps I’m too dead on the inside to care. I no longer feel the near constant wind that snaps my body like a lash, or the dusting of white powder that clings to every exposed hair. The over-bright terrain of endless white gives nothing to break the dull strain which tugs me beneath the foamy ocean of depression.

My mind wanders aimlessly, spacing out enough to forget to avoid the topics that give me pain. For years I’ve searched for a ghost whose trail had run cold early on – at any point I could have turned around and come back. But I hadn’t. Call it bull headed, stubborn…stupid…I’d flat out refused to give up. For what? Sore feet and a trodden mind? Sure there had been points of ecstasy…a high…I’d seen distant lands that once stirred me with glee. An adolescent on the cusp of womanhood had left Helovia –returning as a sour adult seems a fitting punishment. Corroded memories slide over me; dim faces bring no warmth considering I’d never spent time getting to know them. When at last I’d walked north as far as the chilling ocean would allow, my steps turn west…and by then the sun has begun to sink.

OCC: Rough...hoping it gets better. XD

Messages In This Thread
Caught in the undertow, - by Sielu - 05-22-2016, 10:04 AM
RE: Caught in the undertow, - by Kitty - 05-27-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: Caught in the undertow, - by Sielu - 06-18-2016, 10:02 PM