the Rift

[PRIVATE] Teach me right

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
Dawn was coming soon and, as usual, it did not find the Elephant King sleeping. Though, unusually, he was not alone. Alongside him was his surrogate child, Erthe. In her growing dedication to the Moon Goddess, he had found her away and grazing beneath the Lady’s reign. So it was with quiet comfort that the giant man and slender yearling stood, awaiting the stirrings of others within the Edge.

While Erthe grazed, the Elephant simply stood, ears swiveling as his mind immersed itself in thoughts. Thoughts of the Moon who shone down from above, of her quest, of the herd, of it’s future, of Elsa and Hawezi, of Adaeze, of Rexanna and her noted (painful) absence— “Say, Tembu?”

His glazed eyes glanced down, meeting the pale teal gaze peering up at him. A lopsided smile crossed his muzzle at the lush grass that dangled from her mouth and, unthinkingly, his head dropped and muzzle reached out to brush the strands free of her soft, pink muzzle. Navy eyes study her face expectantly, awaiting the follow-up inquiry to gaining is attention.

His brows raised, however, mind fully snapping to focus on the leggy, blue-dipped pearl of a yearling alongside him. Mbwene stirred in her slumber behind them as his surprise flowed through their bond. She wanted to fight? Before he could stop himself, darkening eyes dropped to the crooked front legs; but then they travelled to her wings. What she lacked in agility of her forelimbs she could make-up for in lightness of her feathered appendages…

“Why the sudden interest in fighting, Erthe?” His great skull cocked slightly, roving eyes arresting on her face as he awaited her answer for a few moments. Then his deep, quiet voice continued, “I can teach you basics, but someone with wings, like Elsa,” his voice tightened slightly at the Queen’s name, “Will need to teach you the finer points of winged battle.” He shifted, to face his daughter as he waited for her answers.

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Teach me right - by Erthë - 05-22-2016, 02:04 PM
RE: Teach me right - by Tembovu - 06-01-2016, 01:01 AM