the Rift

[OPEN] in the undertow

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Girl noises draw my head up; boys don’t usually make shrill sounds like that, all fringed in giddiness. It’s a sound that came from Xynia’s lips when I surprised her, or when she had really interesting news, and the thought of one princess as I look up to find another is somewhat… satisfying. She does not approach me, casting only the soft smell of her winter homeland, and the deeper, resonate perfume that is her in my direction. The scent that had clung to me for days beyond our parting, reminding me over and over again of the nearly starved angel I’d plucked from the battle torn red forest; I’d been forced to carry her home, but when she says my name, striking to life memories of the previous times this woman has said it, I do not think I’d have to carry her now.

It takes me only a split second to recognize her, knowing no others so delicately splashed in lapis, embedded among rich velvet black. Her face, still sweeping and gentle, wears a smile that I quickly mimic, and I quickly close the distance between us.

"Ming Yue!" I call to her with warmth tinged by the very sight of her grace. It’s peculiar to see her again in her full beauty, not muddled by the touch of death, and while I’d always thought she was pretty, I can’t help but drink it in as I approach, even after I’ve stopped to greet her, coffee muzzle reaching outwards to breathe the sweet mountain clover of her breath.

The greeting of friends, of intimacy; unlike when I greet a stranger, the approach is eager and open, the fear of her reaching out and biting my nose pretty well naught. Duir hovers behind me, anxiously, not really liking the open friendliness with which I greet her; we haven't run into many since he was born, and they've mostly been strangers.

"You look beautiful," I announce without much bashfulness, a prince raised by his mother, and unafraid to say the things women like to hear – besides, it’s true. She looks good, especially when compared to the last time I’d seen her at the Basin. "It is good to see you again, especially in such good health."

[ OOC: Switching tables 'cause I haven't got to use this one yet and its so cute! <3 Also weeeeee I am super excited too! Have been looking forward to getting to reply to this thread all week lol. ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
in the undertow - by Rikyn - 05-23-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: in the undertow - by Ming Yue - 06-05-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: in the undertow - by Rikyn - 06-14-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: in the undertow - by Ming Yue - 06-18-2016, 11:09 AM
RE: in the undertow - by Rikyn - 06-23-2016, 11:54 AM
RE: in the undertow - by Ming Yue - 07-12-2016, 04:15 AM
RE: in the undertow - by Rikyn - 07-15-2016, 11:09 AM