the Rift

[OPEN] in the undertow

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Playfully, as I’ve come to notice a lot of women do most things, she dances around before me, her soft lips kissing my exposed shoulder (the other covered in armor). There is a genuine delight to the meeting that I find infectious, and soon, even my bashful fawn is peeking around my ass to get good look at the girl who is so happy to see me.

I’m already smiling and in good humor, feeling an odd rush race down my entire body at the touch of her mouth to my skin. I’ve come to associate this feeling with girls, but there is something quite vibrant about this particular experience that may lend to the idea that she likes me, too. It’s a peculiar thought that I mentally poke and prod at, even when her words inspire bashfulness – something I didn’t even know I could feel.

The blood rushes hot and swiftly the skin in my face, chest, and neck, leaving them chock full of my life fluid, and my whole upper half feeling as if I’d just swung to a wild halt from the maddest forward dash I’ve ever run. The way she’s made me feel is obvious in the partial splay of my ears to the side, and the awkward, foolish grin that makes its way to my lips; however, I’m getting ever so slightly better at concealing the whims of my heart and mind, and hope that, maybe, she won’t notice my moment of being less-than-Knightly.

I hold her ember eyes within my own for a moment. Duir butts his knobby, horned head against my hind to remind me to say something.

"It was nothing. The very least I could do for someone as special as you," I say, falsely dismissing the complements (really I like them, a lot), lifting my head proudly in the gesture. Stepping forward to nip her lightly (and awkwardly) along the ridge of her shoulder, where it sloped into the gentle curves of her neck, stalling while I come up with something else to say. "Have you had much time to venture beyond the Basin? I was just on my way to the shrines, to pray to the Moon for some truths about this mirror."

It’s tangled in my mane, horribly so, but then again, so are numerous twigs, leaf remnants, burrs, and various other woodland articles; I turn my head ever so slightly to allow the black glass and silvery gold to flash in the sunlight. My mother would probably pass out at the sight of her son being so careless about his appearance, demanding I detangle the mass of black hair immediately to reveal the shining, waved lengths of mane that my lineage had blessed me with. She would assume it was dirty, even though I bathed just yesterday in the river.

"It’s quite the place," I continue, smiling at Ming Yue with absolute hope that she says yes, that our afternoon together could stretch into the evening, and maybe beyond that. Duir looks up curiously at the sensation of loneliness reaching into my heart, a feeling which I normally am capable of casting aside, until at last I have company – and the subsequent worry of when that company will go home, leaving me to myself again. "It's also a ways off, so I understand if you'd rather not."

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Ming Yue

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
in the undertow - by Rikyn - 05-23-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: in the undertow - by Ming Yue - 06-05-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: in the undertow - by Rikyn - 06-14-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: in the undertow - by Ming Yue - 06-18-2016, 11:09 AM
RE: in the undertow - by Rikyn - 06-23-2016, 11:54 AM
RE: in the undertow - by Ming Yue - 07-12-2016, 04:15 AM
RE: in the undertow - by Rikyn - 07-15-2016, 11:09 AM