the Rift

[OPEN] A dusty grump
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia

Birdsong was a beautiful season with birds and butterflies dancing around the beautiful thistle meadow, and that carried through into the south. Even though her hooves met sand on the ocean, the dunes were shallow and salty grass grew along the borders. It was her favorite taste, surprisingly enough, because it reminded her of the Moonlit Tides where she was born. Those were simpler times in some ways. She and her sister would run along the silvery shores and play, and she fondly remembered those times as they walked toward where she knew the bridge to be.

Sometime back, she had given her key to Gaucho. It didn't seem right to keep it and accidentally lose it or have it stolen, and to be entirely honest, she hadn't intended to come back. But here she was, pregnant and waiting for someone to help them across. If she remembered anything about this herd, it's that they were diligent. Usually there was always someone patrolling, so she took the moment to take a deep breath of salty air and turn to Torleik who looked equally grumpy and dusty.

Phi chuckled and blew thick hair from his face, pressing her whiskered muzzle to his soon after. "The weather is nice, Tor," she said softly. "I am not expecting you to just... suddenly like this, but I grew up on a beach. It's where I was born. There are really nice things about it, and I want to give our child a chance to experience it." Very rarely did Ophelia reveal much about her past. Torleik usually didn't press, and she would let slip a memory now and again.

"Once my sister and I stole a griffin egg and we were chased down the beach for miles. A friend of my father's saved us that time," she said with a chuckle. "I promise once the babe is born, we can go wherever you want. Show him or her whatever you want them to see too. Maybe the snowy shores in the Steppe?" Ophelia offered quietly. She yawned slowly, leaning against him.

"Mmm. I am tired. Love you, Tor." Phi closed her eyes, inhaling his musky scent.

@Torleik

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
A dusty grump - by Ophelia - 05-23-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: A dusty grump - by Torleik - 05-25-2016, 04:39 PM
RE: A dusty grump - by Gaucho - 05-27-2016, 10:32 AM
RE: A dusty grump - by Ophelia - 06-18-2016, 01:08 AM
RE: A dusty grump - by Torleik - 06-20-2016, 09:34 PM
RE: A dusty grump - by Gaucho - 06-24-2016, 09:24 AM