the Rift

[OPEN] A dusty grump

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik

The sweating, frothing Northman smiled in love when his much lighter, cooler woman stumbled over how to tell him he was a larger man than her father without implying he was a slab of fat. "Thank you for not saying I'm big boned," he teased. "I wish I could have met your father. I...would have liked him to know that you were in good charge with me. That I love you." They continued to walk and talk of her past, a subject she rarely offered on her own, and he let his thoughts wander to a smaller version of her - as he didn't know what she looked like as a filly - scooting off to places she likely should not be. It seemed to fit her nomadic soul, going to the edges of whatever her world was at the time. Gently, he touched his muzzle to an ear when she shook her head at him, having begun to understand her gestures depending on when she made them.

Torleik's face slowly broke out into a grin, his much deeper laugh reverberating out from his ribs at Phi's dramatic reply, immensely amused. "Mmm, I cannot argue with you there. I am but an insect to the raven in that regard." They must have reached the actual Dragon's Throat then because not long after, the large, fiery brute that was Gaucho (with whom Torleik had no real issue - the creature was simply built and bred for war from his sinews to the connections in his mind: a brute) landed in front of them. Phi, for some reason, chose to share that she was rattled - how rarely she did that for him, yet this thing was greeted with such an admission? - and Torleik realized he was a sad, frail man still. He'd told himself no more doubts but here he was insecure and inwardly bleating like a damned lost goat yet again.

It didn't help that, very much to the Bloodskald's chagrin, this beast actually spent time checking out Ophelia. Right in front of him. Now there might have been a problem between them, and if Gaucho had been any less of an indomitable warrior, Torleik might have let his temper, slight possessiveness, and pride get the better of him and control his mouth. He wasn't a fool, however, and was aware that Gaucho would crush him if they were to come to blows. Eyes as tight and frigid as a northern blizzard were utterly unmelted in the face of this flaming beast, and Torleik swallowed his pride as best he could for this introduction.

Ophelia wanted to be here, for the safety of their child. He wouldn't jeopardize that for a... 'He's giving you a fucking appraising once over right in front of me, Phi. This is insulting - and I my hooves are tied; I can say nothing while he visually mounts you,' he growled mentally to his woman, trying to make sure his face didn't sneer. There. He had his moment of anger at the disrespect, and now it could pass. Social boundaries didn't seem to be a thing this giant tank understood. He had to let it go. For Phi. For their child. He inhaled slowly and let it slip out his nostrils, the air taking the frustration with it. "Gaucho," he greeted with a respectful dip of his crown. "Ophelia tells me you are a friend, and that you will offer my family safety here. I would be...most grateful, and would offer my abilities to your herd while we remain here."

That had been diplomatic, yes? Not that he was sure Gaucho even knew the word. But he meant what he said. He was grateful for the option of safety that put Ophelia's mind at ease. The Bloodskald just wished it could come at a cheaper price than once again feeling like every other possibly threatening male around would fuck his woman if they could. It was getting old.

Or maybe he was just a bitch. He was beginning to sourly accept that might be the case.

@Ophelia

@Gaucho
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
A dusty grump - by Ophelia - 05-23-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: A dusty grump - by Torleik - 05-25-2016, 04:39 PM
RE: A dusty grump - by Gaucho - 05-27-2016, 10:32 AM
RE: A dusty grump - by Ophelia - 06-18-2016, 01:08 AM
RE: A dusty grump - by Torleik - 06-20-2016, 09:34 PM