the Rift

[OPEN] Solo right until I die

Rune Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Eyes watch from afar, studying the structure. I was not easily found, hidden as I was in the brush, and that was how I preferred it. Hidden in my own world to study what surrounded me. Alone. Always alone. 

And it suited me. I wasn't social, and I couldn't handle the small talk that came with others. The pointless and mindless chatter. It hurt the ears upon my crown, and made me want to strike out from boredom. My lack of trust didn't help. I expected the worst from those I was introduced too. It wasn't my fault, but it had been rammed into my brain from birth. Distrust was as natural as breathing to me. 

After some time I become confident in my solitude and emerge from the brush to further study this ancient structure that was before me. Halfway out I halted and looked around, a soft billowing breath escaping my nose. I lifted my muzzle and sniffed the air, to be completely sure that I wouldn't be surprised. The wind blew softly, and nothing was coming downwind towards me.  Slowly I continue on again, approaching the building, nose gently touching it smelling the old stones, and pushing weeds and vines away from the rough stone. My mind works and turns as I try to figure out how this thing was built, and how it stays standing for so long.  Lost in thought I make the mistake of not paying attention to my surrounding world. 

Fixation of a curious mind. The inner works of a engineer. 

Messages In This Thread
Solo right until I die - by Rune - 05-24-2016, 08:49 PM
RE: Solo right until I die - by Misael - 05-24-2016, 09:42 PM
RE: Solo right until I die - by Rune - 05-31-2016, 06:58 PM
RE: Solo right until I die - by Misael - 06-22-2016, 05:43 PM