the Rift

[OPEN] Hope abandoned

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia

Isopia's death marked skull dipped in acknowledgement. Just as he had not bristled at what she had said, likewise she remained neutral to his comment. Others, Mesec probably, would have tripped over themselves to apologize for whatever perceived slight there was, or for the unfairness of the situation. But like the boy before her, the demi-goddess just took it all in stride. "Yes. It's all quite unfair. Then again, I doubt there's any real justice in when and who receive companions. I've seen the 'drops' where some are gained." Her large shoulders shrugged casually as she continued. "Sometimes there is a sort of mental or physical test ... but often it's just a bunch of nonesense. Even if the best of the group was picked, whose to say they are really the best over all? I am large compared to most that I meet, but I am small compared to the trees and mountains. Winning a competition over a handful of idiots does not prove worth. Just happy circumstances." Her voice had risen slightly, though remained fairly academic in its tone the entire time. She exhaled shaking her head. "It's all unfair, really. Perhaps that's what makes it fair." She concluded.

Isopia's ears perked forward as Tyrath offered a suggestion. It had never occurred to her to help Hubris in his exploits, and the small dragon had never asked it of her. But now that the boy mentioned it, surely she could provide him a tool that would ease his musical failings? Hubris was just doing it to pass the time but ... oh, why not.

The earth before Hubris rumbled. A earth-like thing rose before him, moulding and twist in the air. Isopia's large golden gaze was fixed on it, turning and sculpting it with her mind. It began to take the shape of something that looked like a pan flute. She had considered a standard flute, but worried that his claws would not properly be able to cover the holes. This contraption was nearly idiot proof - all you had to do was blow, which Hubris had already demonstrated he could do quite easily.

The dragon's blue eyes widened, and he reached out his hands to take the instrument once it looked complete. He held his breath for a moment before looking from Isopia to Tyrath almost nervously. Then, timidly, he blew.

A lovely little sound tinkered out of the instrument, and the dragon nearly dropped it he was so delighted. He gave an audible trill of thanks - he could have thanked Isopia mentally, but really it had been the boys suggestion, and when back to blowing on the different cylinders, making different sounds.

"I like learning too." Isopia agreed, with genuine appraisal in her voice. This boy reminded her very much of Zero, and suddenly her heart longed for her small friend. "But no, I don't find these islands dull... I find them ..obligating." She knew her comment would likely require more explanation, but she allowed her gaze to sweep the area first before continuing. "You are too young to have been present during the Rift Wars, but there were great battles. Four new areas were pulled from the Rift into our world. This was one of them. It was my father who did it ... Because of that I feel sort of responsible for this area. Duty has decayed the landscape for me. I only see obligation."

But again the demigoddess shrugged, for she didn't mind it all that much. Or rather, she had accepted it. Her whole life was one big obligation now, why shouldn't the scenery be as well?

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Hope abandoned - by Isopia - 05-25-2016, 02:32 PM
RE: Hope abandoned - by Tyrath - 05-25-2016, 05:11 PM
RE: Hope abandoned - by Isopia - 05-25-2016, 08:02 PM
RE: Hope abandoned - by Tyrath - 05-25-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: Hope abandoned - by Isopia - 05-25-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: Hope abandoned - by Tyrath - 05-26-2016, 04:12 AM
RE: Hope abandoned - by Isopia - 05-27-2016, 09:59 AM
RE: Hope abandoned - by Tyrath - 05-27-2016, 12:14 PM
RE: Hope abandoned - by Isopia - 05-27-2016, 01:25 PM