the Rift

[PRIVATE] Teach me, and I'll remember

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova

The dawn had stirred the blue stallion from his rest, pale eyes blinked away the last residue of dreams and fond memories revisited. The last tendrils of morning twilight highlighted his moon touched coat, coating it in brilliant hues and provoking the metallic sheen to shine where the pale speckle of stars lay upon it. Summoning's could be tedious on those who did not enjoy it as did, or those that found it a little mundane to listen to adults drone on about idea's and plans. Still, he had been cut from the Moon Goddess' tapestry from his homeland, he was designed, born for this noble duty from cradle to grave.

"So young to be calling yourself an old woman, your bones are still growing strong." He quipped gently back to the pale filly, muzzle pulled into a light smile. "I thought it was a national sport of the young, to stay up all night, playing games and causing mischief." Alune made it no secret that he worried for the filly, as he peered at her scarred legs. Too young to have seen the grisly truths of the world, too young to have willingly waded into it. Innocence had been stolen from the fair fae, though the world did not take into account the ages of it's inhabitants, it did not discriminate in who it marked and who it exalted.

Slowly, his form shifted to haul itself to it's feet with leonine tail curled across the ground, sweeping strokes to send silvered strands across the misted floor over and over. There was much to do now the summonings had ended, much to discuss with the King and Queen and relaying information to the rest of the herd. That could wait, on the Seer's account, he had promised Erthe her lesson. A lesson she should have.

As she spoke again, ears perked forward and then one slipped back against his silver hair. Alune did not find her a bother, it was refreshing to have someone so young be enthralled by the divine and the wonders beyond. The Edge seemed to be lacking in those who pondered and wandered the moonlit path. He wondered what she would think of his homeland, where the Moon Goddess walked freely among them on a daily basis and pale towers glittered towards the twilight skies. Would her bright eyes grow wide as she gazed upon his temple? With glittering waters which reflected the moons glow? One day, perhaps. When the Moon called him homeward, she might like to visit.

A more pressing thought pushed into his head, than musing inviting her to visit Thal'Sharah. Did he give the impression that she was a bother to him? He hoped not.

"Thero'shan," Alune began, a breathless chuckle rumbled from deep in his chest, "you do not bother me. You can come to me morning and night, and I would never turn you away, my lady. I've slept enough, if I feel tired later on, I'm sure I can slip in a nap somewhere." He responded with a firm nod of his crowned head, and a sly wink. The last tendrils of grogginess left his bones and his mind could fixate on the day ahead. He realized that his lessons were somewhat slow, compared to how others may teach. Hasty lessons, though time efficient, could leave holes and inconsistencies. He would rather take his time, and let the pearls of wisdom sink in.

"What would you like to learn today?"   

"talk talk talk"

The Arcweaver's Circle

Credits: Image by Danjah! @ DA

@Erthë
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Messages In This Thread
Teach me, and I'll remember - by Erthë - 05-25-2016, 05:29 PM