the Rift

[PRIVATE] Teach me, and I'll remember

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Erthë returned his smile, a bit embarrassed and a lot happy to hear his reassurances. For all that she was outwardly confident and even brash at times, unabashed and never hesitating to voice her opinions, there had been a thorn of uncertainty lodged deep within her ever since her mother passed away. It made her question her right to receive help and affection from anyone, when the one she loved most had been forced to give up their life to save hers. Was it not her fault to begin with? Ought she not spend her life atoning, rather than receive so much affection and aid from the people around her?

This open declaration of her importance to such an important member of the herd made Erthë want to squirm with shame and boast to the world the extent of her pride. But she did neither, keeping a firm grip on herself as she instead turned her attention to the lesson. Woolly little ears swiveled to and fro as she considered the Seer's question, thinking about the summoning they had just attended and the Goddess' chiding words to Tembovu when he appeared alongside the subordinates.

"Well... I've been wondering about the Seers purpose. About what the role is of you, and us others who don't hold the ranks but still want to work for the Gods, within the herd."

"I mean,"
she added, trying her best to formulate her thoughts into something understandable, "you attend herd meetings, but other than that I've only seen you perform the summoning. And this time Tembu and Elsa was there and did most of the talking, and the Lady didn't seem very happy about it. Why is that? Did Tembu do something wrong? And is there anything I can do, even though I don't have a rank?"

There were more questions scrambling across her tongue, more worries and ponderings waiting at the back of her mind. But the young mare paused, her odd-colored eyes coming to rest on her teacher as she gave him a chance to formulate answers and - no doubt - pick out a good story to use as example.

Preparing herself for a lot of listening, Erthë decided that she preferred to have this class on the move. Tired of sitting still she began to pick her way towards one of the many winding paths that connected to the clearing and descended down it, sure that Alune would fall in beside her and that her slow, limping pace would be quite suitable for conversation.

In the distance she heard the muffled, drowsy chirp of an early morning bird - dawn had arrived, a new day was upon them.

Waiting for the rain I'm bracing for the thunder
A twig that wouldn't sway in the wind

@Alune

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Teach me, and I'll remember - by Erthë - 05-25-2016, 05:29 PM
RE: Teach me, and I'll remember - by Alune - 05-28-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: Teach me, and I'll remember - by smitty - 08-29-2016, 09:08 AM
RE: Teach me, and I'll remember - by Erthë - 08-29-2016, 10:16 AM
RE: Teach me, and I'll remember - by Alune - 08-31-2016, 10:08 PM
RE: Teach me, and I'll remember - by Erthë - 09-01-2016, 01:07 AM