the Rift

[PRIVATE] Teach me, and I'll remember

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova

There is another chuckle which rumbled from his chest, pearly silver's crinkled at the edges. She was a joy to have around, and she need not be so shy when it came to dealings with him. She was so young to carry the burden she did upon her shoulders, and he only wished that she would find sanctuary when in his presence, free from what had transpired in the past and into an existence of brief clarity and without the stones she wore around her feet.

He waited patiently for her to gather herself, there was no rush for her to simply let a tide of questions flow. Finally, she questioned the Seer's purpose — the difference between his own lofty station and those which made up the pillars he stood upon. It's an excellent question, though all questions to him, however trivial or complex.

Before he has time to form the first words of his reply within his maw, she spoke again, and the words disappeared on his tongue. His ears pressed forward, carefully and diligently Alune listened to her elaborate her earlier question and wonderings. Alune wasn't surprised to find that she brought up the last summoning, and the Moon Goddess' apparent displeasure of having Tembovu speak instead of her Seer. He himself had not been surprised, after all, Gods and Goddesses had their Wise One's for many things. They were tasked with the lore of their lands, seeing that the Goddesses divine will was carried out and to be a conduit for her to her people and vice versa. Perhaps the Goddess had taken it as a slight? That she felt that Tembovu saw him as a poor choice, that her choice was a poor one? He doubted it, but the mind of his most revered Goddess was a dark maze, filled with wonderful and terrible things at the same time. Oh, there had been tales of Equine and Dragon alike trying to delve into the realm of the Gods and being driven mad for it. One must tread carefully or be prepared for the dire consequences.

"We Seer's do many things, both of this land and not." He began, easily he slid into a pace to match his Thero'shan's. "In my homeland, for instance. I am my Goddesses Champion in all things. I am her conduit for when she cannot grace us with her presence, I am the religious leader of my people. An advisor to my Queen when Council must be called and she needs a voice that does not speak of War, and methods not followed by others who have earned her ear. On the other hand, when it comes to War and there are no more roads to be explored, I am her fury upon the field. I am her image upon the tide of battle." His goes silent for a moment, to collect his thoughts.

"We do many things, often though, we do not stand in the light as Kings and Queens do. Ours is not the path to become beloved by all." His thoughts return to his duty in Helovia and a smile appears on his hued muzzle. "Here, I am very much the same in some aspects. My role is to preserve the history of our land, and a conduit for the herd to come to when they need the Goddesses guidance. Perhaps that is why she was displeased with our King, that he would choose to talk to her personally, than let me commune with her, and from her to them. I do not lead the people as I did in Thal'Sharah however, as that task is left to the Kings and Queens of this land, I merely advise and see to my Philosophers and Sages, and we relatively work from the Shadows." Only then, a frown appeared upon Alune's dark face. "I fear the past has left a wary mark upon those in our herd and beyond, that they cannot see past their own mortality and emotions, to understand what the Goddess does is within our best interest. Many will not understand now, and many more will not in the future. Herd members do not seek me out, much less my followers."

Alune brightened though, after the brooding moment he bestowed on the past. "It is also my duty to see the other Wise One's of the other herds, something I will be doing shortly, I must know my fellow Oracles in this land. We must forge strong alliances with one another as it is the key to balance in all things divine." His head tilted to the side when his words finally turned to what those not of his position could do. "My followers, and those who are citizens of our herd can help in many ways. From spreading the word of the Moon, to finding those and bringing them to us to offer them a home and a place within our ranks — even talking about her magical gifts is enough to help. There will be tasks given at the Seer's meeting, to both those who cannot join, those that want to and those that have, to carry out to further aid our cause. If those interest you, Thero'shan."

"talk talk talk"

The Arcweaver's Circle

Credits: Image by Danjah! @ DA
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Messages In This Thread
Teach me, and I'll remember - by Erthë - 05-25-2016, 05:29 PM
RE: Teach me, and I'll remember - by Alune - 05-28-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: Teach me, and I'll remember - by smitty - 08-29-2016, 09:08 AM