the Rift

Out of Ashes, I burn

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

ashamin
The Clovenheart

As often happened, Ashamin was late to the party. His two companions were sluggish in the daytime and, despite hearing noises up ahead and suspecting that another newcomer had crossed Helovia's border, Ashamin had slowed to keep their pace. Rakt was quicker and blessed with longer legs, so he led the pack, but Lochan trailed quietly behind. The little eye was the most affected by the bright heat of the day, for his nocturnal habits were a part of his being more than just his preference. Rakt and Ashamin had adjusted or Lochan's sake, after all.

When the Clovenheart was close enough to make out the conversation—names, faces, places (particularly Dorobo, which he committed quickly to memory)—he did not waste time in joining it. His companions held back, however, for Lochan's exhaustion was overwhelming and Rakt held little trust for one of the mare's predator companions: a lion cub.

Suit yourself, Ashamin thought to the bonded brothers, pressing his noses to the thick fur of their necks before turning to leave them behind in the trees and brush. They watched him with slow, blinking eyes that soon drooped and closed. They'd walked far enough, and now they would have their rest.

Ashamin, however, would not sleep now. He walked alone but still walked, and he pushed his way through the underbrush just as the paler mare introduced herself. If he had heard correctly, it was she that the two herd members were courting. It was she, then, that Ashamin would extend his own offer to.

"Greetings, all," the painted buck said smoothly before ceasing his forward march. He paused beside the impala-like mare and offered his nose to her to greet, as was his custom. "I am Ashamin the Clovenheart, it is a pleasure, Imara, Tsavo, Eshe, and..." he pulled away from Imara then and cocked his head to the side while looking at the pegasus. A soft smile passed his bi-colored lips. "...Well, I don't believe I caught your name, stranger."

Ashamin wasn't sure if Tsavo and the stallion were really from herds, but Imara's question seemed to suggest that they were. What he was more interested in now, though, was this Dorobo. With the scholar side of him quivering in excitement, he turned eagerly to seek out Imara's gaze. "Pardon me, Imara, but this Dorobo... do all from this land look as you and Tsavo do? I met another stallion in these lands by the name of Hasovir, he is an ally of mine and bears similar features. I would be curious to know more about the land from which you, and perhaps he, came."

He paused then, his long tail (tipped in coils) curling behind him in the soft moss. "Though I come from no herdland I am a part of collective of independent outcasts, here, and we seek to share knowledge with those we count among our numbers. Perhaps I could tell you of Helovia in exchange for your knowledge; I consider myself a scholar, and always seek new opportunities to learn from strangers such as yourself." His eyes, dark as they were, glittered with curiosity. He only hoped this mare would be willing to teach him what she knew.

""

Image Credits

@Aeolus!

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Out of Ashes, I burn - by Imara - 05-26-2016, 06:29 PM
RE: Out of Ashes, I burn - by Aeolus - 05-29-2016, 09:02 PM
RE: Out of Ashes, I burn - by Tsavo - 05-30-2016, 11:38 PM
RE: Out of Ashes, I burn - by Imara - 06-22-2016, 05:22 PM
RE: Out of Ashes, I burn - by Ashamin - 06-28-2016, 11:36 AM
RE: Out of Ashes, I burn - by Imara - 08-15-2016, 04:13 PM