the Rift

[ALL] beware the grounded raptor

Mkali Posts: 7
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Chimera
Mkali

Inconsequential time had passed since the sand dunes of home had been left behind. It didn't matter how long the air had brushed along dirty sides, helping with the notion of gliding through the low altitude skies. Small towns had been visited but none of them left much of an impression: they were mere blurred figures on a long journey to an unknown future. None of these small things mattered when the bigger picture still chased you down.  

Fleeing was a word I never thought I would use. Not directed towards me. However, home was no longer home. Every ounce of being refused to imagine the state of the fallen empire. Satisfying news it had been until the thirst for power consumed the rebelling troops. Like the wildfires word had traveled fast. The foreseeable future was in question. Instincts said it was time to migrate, to find a more desirable home.

Survival of the fittest, they always said. I would make sure that I survived the strife. Besides allegiances were far too torn to be an aerial pest like to the horned enemies. No, the matter was far too confusing. Far too political yet savage at the same time. I would stand by my decision to listen to the instincts engraved in my composition. "Leave", it said. Each time I listened and moved from next place to the next.

Feathers ruffled on their own accord as something rubbed against them. "Danger!" The sudden vortex was pulling me into its violent current. Long wings beat furiously against my domain which was being turned against me. Pressure squeezed at my skull despite the low altitude. Something wasn't right but there was nothing to be done. Darkness conquered and was named victorious whilst the sudden tornado got to play with its new rag doll.

---  

The dense woodlands threatened to imprison my being; branches crept closer as bark gnawed at exposed sides. Thickets greedily grabbed at my hooves with malicious intent, embedding thorns into weary muscles and the foliage slowing all movement. Free. Sky. Where? Claustrophobia was crushing down on my chest as my heart raced. Instincts began to overwhelm everything else as eyes narrowed, head thrown up to the sky. There wasn't a hint of blue in sight - only the blinding hindrance of green.

Voodoo magic: that was the only possible explanation for how I could go from flying to waking up on a forest floor. A forest of trees I had never seen before in my life. I was by no means suspicious like the wingless and hornless beings but there was no other way to describe the pull that had sucked me to here!

But why and for what purpose?"

Yet another thorn pricked at me and I vehemently spit at the tree it was attached to. "Mimi laana nchi hizi umeacha! Hii msongamano, mnene msitu! Napenda kuongezeka katika anga ya wazi ambapo mimi ni mali!" Wings tried unfolding themselves as wild instincts began to take over. I needed to get up there. Instantly wing membranes struck two trees. "Namna gani uchawi amenileta hapa?!" Back legs hit the trees that had caught my wings. They were far too tall, too big to topple over but that was not processing. "Escape."

I will tear down this whole woodlands if it means I can breathe once again. Bearings could be found after. Right now my main focus was getting above the trees and back into the sky (even if it had betrayed me before). These trees and the witch doctors that caused this would regret crossing the raptor of Korofi. They would not keep me grounded nor imprisoned in this cage of bark. Another kick caused splintering of a nearby tree and a compulsive shiver along the spine followed. "Kutetemeka chini ya makucha ya tai."

ooc all welcomed! - she can speak common language too :3
translation "I curse these forsaken lands! This crowded, dense forest! I wish to soar in the open skies where I belong!", "What manner of witchcraft has brought me here?!", and "Tremble beneath the eagle's talons."

Messages In This Thread
[ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Mkali - 05-26-2016, 07:49 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Aeolus - 05-29-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Mkali - 05-29-2016, 09:36 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Aeolus - 05-30-2016, 09:58 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Mkali - 05-31-2016, 12:14 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Aeolus - 06-02-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Mkali - 06-04-2016, 03:05 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Aeolus - 06-05-2016, 08:48 PM