the Rift

[ALL] beware the grounded raptor

Mkali Posts: 7
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Chimera
Mkali

Senses had jumbled into an incomprehensible mess. The want - no, need - to escape consumed all else. This meant that the outside world had temporarily faded away. Besides the trees and prickling thickets, of course. Those didn't go away so easily. Soon they would learn that I wasn't one to give up either. A slew of harsh curses in my native tongue backed the physical struggle.

"HEY! Hold on I will help you. Stop thrashing around!" A voice entered my auditory system and my ears immediately flicked in its direction. The accent was heavy but the words were understandable. Like a whip I cracked to face the stranger. All the while, in the back of my head, I scolded myself for allowing him to come so close with my realization. I had let myself fall into such a vulnerable position.

The male was a pegasus but not one of my kin. His scent, his coloring, his posture.. all of it was wrong. Though his words were directed towards wanting to help me out of this situation I scoffed. A pegasus who walked through this place like he belonged was unnatural. Everything about this was off and I was hardly in a position to defend myself if he attacked, tried to claim me as his. I snapped my teeth. Let him fucking try.

Then it occurred to me: the timing was too perfect. He was in the exact right place to be after I had exhausted myself with my fruitless wandering. "You." Unlike his voice, mine carried the accent of the plateaus and deserts I had grew up in. Mine was right. "You are the witch doctor who warped the winds and grounded me in this forsaken forest! Where trees surround me - trees that I have never seen before."

Magic wasn't supposed to be real. It was only a simple myth, a cautionary legend. Yet what else was there to explain what happened to me? Vortexes don't just randomly appear like that, especially without a storm and not at such a low altitude. Not to mention how it dragged only me and nothing else around me.

"Why did you pull me from my skies, Witch Doctor?" I growled, unable to contain my seething fear rage. This was so unknown to me and I wasn't sure how to react so I reacted in the only way that the Korofi knew how - with violence in their voices. "To claim me as your own?" I couldn't help but laugh despite the clear predicament I was in. "You will need more than that to make the eagle submit."

Looking more closely at the stallion, he did not look how legends described witch doctors. How did the saying go, though? Do not judge a toad by its colors? Something like that. After all, they may look pretty but they were poisonous as fuck. "Speak, you vile serpent!"

While the thrashing had ceased the threat of injuries still remained (because gods did I long to make him bleed right now).

ooc shh it was perfect <3 basically she thinks he created one of helovia's random portals lel
tags @Aeolus

Messages In This Thread
[ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Mkali - 05-26-2016, 07:49 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Aeolus - 05-29-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Mkali - 05-29-2016, 09:36 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Aeolus - 05-30-2016, 09:58 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Mkali - 05-31-2016, 12:14 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Aeolus - 06-02-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Mkali - 06-04-2016, 03:05 PM
RE: [ALL] beware the grounded raptor - by Aeolus - 06-05-2016, 08:48 PM