the Rift

[OPEN] her mind swims where others drown

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
It is unlike her to care so much about being in the company of others. But these mare are like her. Not exactly, of course, they are not sirens ripped of their powers. But they are of the sea. The one belongs to the waves almost moreso than Syrena does, her body so obviously something created by the gods of the water. The other was created by the land, but had been adopted by the sea anyway. If the sea loves her, than Syrena will respect the mare as well.

It is so rare to find others that long for the sea as she does. That know what it is liked to be trapped, stuck in a body that belongs more on land, stuck in a place that has taken away the powers that once truly let her belong to the waves. Her sisters do not come to her anymore, though she has not asked them to either. When she thinks of them, she wonders if she’s gone too far from the water to be accepted into it once again, when this mortal body gives up its short life. She’s afraid to see them, afraid to ask, because they might not come.

But now, for a very brief moment, she feels accepted.

As she talks the seahorse turns her gaze, as if not hearing what she wants to hear. As if being stuck in this place is enough to make Syrena no longer worthy. It is her fear come true, but then she continues her answer, and the attention is back. Oh, how strange and glorious the attention feels. She almost basks in it, truthfully, feeling like herself in a way she never does. Where is that? the mare asks.

“I was nomadic before I came here. I spent the first four years of my life outside Helovia, wandering from one part of the ocean to another. Crossing lands to find different shores.” Her voice, as always, is deadpan, but there’s a hint of nostalgia and longing there now. She misses that life. But no, Helovia took everything from her, and the only way to gain any of it back is to stay. And so, she stays.

The mare with the seashells in her hair remains silent, but the Aquila tells her own short tale. A great nation of waves. “Is it gone?” Syrena asks, having noted the change in tense, and not having enough tact to simply avoid the question. “I wish I had stumbled upon it, in my travels. There were never nations of water, just shorelines.”

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Tiamat @Aquila
Sorry to skip you Tiamat, but I admit I got on a roll of "get posts done!"

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
her mind swims where others drown - by Aquila - 06-05-2016, 11:57 AM
RE: her mind swims where others drown - by Syrena - 06-06-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: her mind swims where others drown - by Aquila - 06-19-2016, 07:43 AM