the Rift

[OPEN] her mind swims where others drown

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
like the ocean kissed the sky
The seal-coated mare offers her name with little fanfare or warmth, but this does not deter Tiamat’s excitement. Her smile broadens across sapphire lips, doe-eyes sparkling, and questions bubbling to her tongue as wonder swells to touch every part of her. “A pleasure, Syrena,” a friendly dip of her horn is directed in the gray mare’s direction, soon followed by another for Aquila, as the seahorse had done towards her. The blue mare could never imagine the vast differences that lie between herself and her new friends—between any of them—but she accepts them eagerly, welcoming their stories of her father ocean.

As fortune would have it, both of these sea-equines reside now in the Hidden Falls. However, it would seem that two very different paths have been taken to end at that same point—two adventures (because isn’t that what life is?) that Tiamat is anxious to hear. “I’ve never been to the Hidden Falls, but I’ve been told it’s beautiful,” the young healer sighs almost wistfully, dreaming (not for the first time, and undoubtedly not the last) of traveling the world.

“What is Avko like?” The ocean mare questions Aquila with honest enthusiasm, wanting to hear every little detail that the larger mare is willing to divulge. While the Rift has painted a darker picture with the wars that plagued their worlds, Tiamat is keen (desperate, even) on catching a glimmer of beauty in the haze of battle. Then, widening her attention to Syrena, she continues with airy laughter lacing her voice: “What is the world like?” The length of her leonine tail flutters behind her, skimming the ocean’s surface with a tinkling of shells.

In comparison to their grand histories, Tiamat feels almost plain, though she would change very, very little (if only it were possible to bring the ocean to the highland regions). The snowy mountains of her home are dear to her—she would live nowhere else, given the choice. The mountain valley and its people are much more to her than a herd—it‘s her family. “I’ve been in Helovia for several years; I live in the Aurora Basin—I love it, it’s beautiful, and it’s my home. I also love to explore, though,” she shakes her head with a smile, knowing well how difficult her curiosity can be to swallow. She doesn’t enjoy being away from the Basin for terribly long; but she doesn’t like to stay cooped up in there, either. There is far too much to learn of the world!

With her attention settling on the scaled mare, the Akvian, as she had called herself, Tiamat questions with a curiosity she hopes isn’t too overwhelming, “I’d love to hear all about where you come from.” White teeth flash beneath the sun’s glowing light, her mind spinning fantastical stories of the other side.

notes; I know I've been super flaky with replies, so I don't mind you skipping me at all! I'm working on trying to get back in the groove of things<3
“Speech.”

@Aquila @Syrena | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
her mind swims where others drown - by Aquila - 06-05-2016, 11:57 AM
RE: her mind swims where others drown - by Syrena - 06-06-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: her mind swims where others drown - by Aquila - 06-19-2016, 07:43 AM
RE: her mind swims where others drown - by Tiamat - 06-25-2016, 02:23 AM
RE: her mind swims where others drown - by Syrena - 06-28-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: her mind swims where others drown - by Aquila - 07-16-2016, 11:10 PM
RE: her mind swims where others drown - by Syrena - 08-05-2016, 02:35 PM