the Rift

[OPEN] Unfreezing the Motion [AB Tent Crafting Trade]

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

“Well I can definitely do purple!” I lapsed into thoughtfulness at the other colour request though. “But the silver will be tricky. Might have to come back at a later time and add it in… I don’t have anything shiny with me and I don’t think there are any silver berries. Unless your dear Edge has some secrets!” I waited for Tembovu’s reaction before settling on looking for purple. I showed him the plants I was looking for - some berries for the purple and some hemp for the tent. It would be a more durable material that cotton or wool, the only two that I had much experience with, but I had been practicing! Testing out new plants to find out what would be good for what.

I was on a quest for the softest material in all of Helovia so I could make Aisling a present. And I wasn’t going to rest until I found it.

Hemp wasn’t very soft but I think it’ll weather the… well, weather best. Don’t want to hear any complaints about my poor workmanship! After scouring the forest with Tembovu, we had enough materials that I was confident we’d be able to create the tent. “Okay, I think we’re all good.” Jellybean, of course, was no help at all - she was too thrilled with Mbwene’s attention and her tail wagged happily as she nibbled affectionately on the rim of one of those great ears. The little brat just liked all the attention she was getting, I suspected, but it must feel nice to have someone her own size (or close to it!) to play with.  

I used one red hoof to gently mash the berries into the hemp leaves, staining them. Once satisfied, I cast my bright green eyes to Tembovu. “Alright, stand back my friend.” And then we got to the fun part!! I really don’t understand how this magic works but I start to weave together the materials. It’s a lot bigger than any of the other crafts I’ve tried and I waiver a little bit on my legs toward the end because damn my head was starting to get light-headed. But finally there was a soft purple sheet of fabric stretched out between some trees where Tembovu had instructed me - hanging in a slightly loose dip and creating a rather wonderful canopy. This tent was going to be fantastic when it was all completed! It was just such a shame it was so taxing, I’d love to complete it right now. “Well, what do you think?!” My exhaustion is just going to have to wait, because I want to make sure Tembovu is completely satisfied with what I’ve done!

[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unfreezing the Motion [AB Tent Crafting Trade] - by Johnny - 06-28-2016, 09:21 PM