the Rift

from a place of absence

Hollow Posts: 7
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1 (Birdsong)
Istina

Dancing eyes peer up and down the trail before landing on a new source of entertainment, a pair of bunnies chasing each other back and forth. Russet lips spread into a wide smile as she follows them with her eyes, careful not to disturb their game. Maybe such a strict mother wasn’t always so horrible? She debates mentally, recalling all the times her mother made her stand perfectly still so no one noticed her after a few minutes. The rabbits stop their frantic rushing about suddenly, pink noses twitching while large ears swivel this way and that before darting away out of sight. Hollow listens too, the sound of another like her calling out reaches her ears and she turns to face that direction.

Forest eyes take in the arrival of an older male with an impressive wingspan. Joy lights up her features as she watches him stretch out his wings, her own smaller wings held uselessly to her sides. Without missing a beat she walks confidently toward him, eyes focused on his wings and nothing eyes. Tilting her head to the side she takes in the teal feathers in awe, his words nearly going over her head. His smile catches her attention and she immediately backs up a step to offer him a small bow; lips matching his. “Hello! Is that what this place is called?” Her gaze keeps darting back and forth between his face and his wings much like the rabbits from earlier.

We look alike? Chocolate brow furrows in confusion for a moment before the lines smooth away and her jaw drops a fraction as she notices his facial markings. Her voice comes out softly and full of wonder,“Y-you have the same marks…but how?” Her eyes lose some of their brightness as memories of being tormented for her appearance flood into her brain. Before she can fall into a darker place (a place she hates) he poses another question, his tone reminding her very much of the father she left behind. The filly’s broken heart pangs gently against her ribs but she shoves it away, pleased to meet another soul on her journey alone. “My name is Hollow, by the way.” A pause, should she mention that she is alone? Why not? A kinder soul on her adventures thus far she hasn’t met. “Yes, I’m alone. My family…they sent me away to keep me safe.” Forest gaze wanders away from his silvery one to rest on his wings once more. Maybe he can show me how to fly…

@Ilios <3

*Tag me in all replies please
**Powerplay outside of fighting permitted
*All magic and force permitted barring serious injury and/or death

Messages In This Thread
from a place of absence - by Hollow - 05-28-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: from a place of absence - by Ilios - 05-31-2016, 02:12 AM
RE: from a place of absence - by Hollow - 06-01-2016, 08:41 PM
RE: from a place of absence - by Ilios - 06-04-2016, 04:28 AM
RE: from a place of absence - by Hollow - 06-04-2016, 08:40 PM
RE: from a place of absence - by Ilios - 06-07-2016, 01:29 AM
RE: from a place of absence - by Hollow - 06-13-2016, 06:05 PM