the Rift

[OPEN] ouchie [healers or anyone at all]

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

“how long is forever?” asked alice.
“sometimes just one second.” said the white rabbit.

When Lena's pale little companion chirps all the painted mare can do is bend the closest ear. She groans exhaustively as she finally turns her head to look at the many-tailed creature, knowing immediately just who the little critter is accompanying. A smile painfully stretches across her tight rosy lips and her hazelnut eyes, half cocked, slide to meet the eyes of Lena. She has no energy to speak and thankfully her bay comrade says nothing to pry into the whys or whats of the situation – only comforting coos and the velvet purr of her voice carry on the breezes between them.

She's not sure if she stays conscious for what happens next. In her memory, later on, it will be nothing but a blur of light and the crackling sound of gentle electricity. Lena's voice is a melody unmatched in the mortal world, something completely intangible on the physical plane. It's felt in the soul, deep deep down passed everything that is flesh or bone. The notes lull Tangere's mind away while her wounds bind and reverse to untouched flesh, leaving only minute traces of the deepest burns to hide under her regenerated fur. Her mane repairs, her coat gleams again, the only thing completely unfixed is her tail. It is through no error of the Time Mender, but purely of genetics. Her tail simply couldn't come back even as it was, so now it is just a little more cropped than before, the hairs a bit coarser and curled. It is of no matter to her, it's never been a good fly swatter anyhow. And now it's cute and curly!

Phrixus descends from his circling in the sky to land on the shore, watching the mares carefully.

Tangere can feel the energy flow back into her veins, through her beaten heart and pumping life into her once tired bones. She shakes like dog just after a bath, free – as if the shackles of pain drop away and sink the bottom of the lake; she's free again. She's lighter than air, as pristine as a cotton-boll cloud once more. She takes a deep and thankful breath, tilting her eyes to sky for just a moment.

Oh Lena.” Her eyes level with her healing friend, wet with threatening tears of appreciation. “You're the kindest being I've ever met in all my life; you're truly my friend.” She cannot control the urge to rearrange herself to face the bay unicorn, wrapping her neck around the mare; a warm hug. She rests her cheekbone on the Songbird's withers for a moment, soaking in the embrace. The tears let go and tumble down those silky white cheeks to leave behind a trail of pink where the hair absorbs the salty drops. “Thank you so much.” She speaks low and through a voice that tries to push the cry-sounds away, swallowing hard before breaking the embrace to stand back. Before trudging back to the pebble carpet, just after the jagged line of lake-water, she dips her face into the coldness once more. The tears wash away and it seems like another piece of heaviness leaves her body. She walks ashore to join her companion and bump him softly with her soggy nose. The pale raven takes his cue and hops happily back onto her withers to settle onto the old scars that his talons have left there over the years.

She's left to revel in the feeling that start to whelm her body, her mind, everything. Hardships have found her as of late, but nothing she hasn't defeated, nothing she hasn't learned from. It seems as though now is the first time she can take a real breath since everything started. Spring is here, she is here, on to the next thing - but first, some time with a dear friend after a long journey, she supposes.

@Lena
sorry it took forever.
anyone can pop in still.

something about this interaction is really beautiful to me btw
just them, being cute and friends i guess idk
even though it's totally lenas job to heal, tang feels spettchell xD

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Messages In This Thread
ouchie [healers or anyone at all] - by Tangere - 05-29-2016, 06:06 PM
RE: ouchie [healers or anyone at all] - by Lena - 05-31-2016, 05:18 PM
RE: ouchie [healers or anyone at all] - by Tangere - 06-19-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: ouchie [healers or anyone at all] - by Lena - 06-21-2016, 07:03 PM
RE: ouchie [healers or anyone at all] - by Lena - 07-13-2016, 05:24 PM