the Rift

be.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
we heal with love,
No shortage of fear coursed through Alysane when the creature grew, the wind picking up and tossing her hair and feathers around wildly as she took a step back, green eyes becoming rimmed with white as the once peaceful moment changed within a moment. “He’s coming!” She tried to sound reassuring over the shrill voice and the tremble in the earth, above the wind torrents that tore about around them, tried to calm the creature despite the rising need to get away.

Hemlock flew as fast as he could, weaving through the winds before promptly landing on Alysanne’s head when he arrived. Not only was this his favourite spot but it was also the best vantage point at whatever this creature was. He didn’t like how nervous it was making Alysanne, though its might had diminished now that he had arrived. Still, the threat remained ever-present, hidden beneath the feminine body. The pegasus felt on edge despite the current absence of the static and wind - she would not soon forget the way the ground had shaken when it yelled at her, however peaceful its murmurs might be now.

But her wariness gave way to a strange mingling of understanding and confusion at the next words that it spoke - about how this creature held the bond between horse and companion above all else. Although she wasn’t exactly sure why the bond was so important - she could understand the feeling that came with holding something in such high regard, even beyond your own life.

Which certainly made it easy to answer the question about what Hemlock meant to her.

Despite that wariness, thoughts of Hemlock soothed Alysanne and it was no different now in the aftermath of the strange creature’s rage. Green eyes flickered upward and a fond smile appeared in them, just catching the brown feathers in her periphery of her small companion. The smile remained when she looked to the now-peaceful creature as she tried to convey in words what she felt. “Hemlock is my constant. So much has changed in my life here in Helovia - I had nothing when I came here, and then for a brief flicker of time it seemed I had everything. My sister, my children, a home with friends I loved...” Her voice caught as she remembered just how quickly that had slipped from her again but a gentle nip from Hemlock brought her back to the present, back to what was asked. “That all changed, it keeps changing even now but Hemlock was - is - with me every moment. Even if we’re separated physically for a few moments, we’re together in heart, mind, and soul. Through everything good and everything bad. I didn’t even know what a companion bond was before I came here, there was no such thing where I was born, but I cannot imagine my life without him now. He is my reason and my sense when I lose my way, more of a part of me than my own wings.” Flight was something she could live without - something she had lived without for some time now - but to live without Hemlock? It was unfathomable.
alysanne

@Random Event whoops! Sorry about that
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
be. - by Random Event - 05-30-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: be. - by Alysanne - 05-30-2016, 09:55 PM
RE: be. - by Random Event - 06-05-2016, 03:54 PM
RE: be. - by Alysanne - 06-05-2016, 06:06 PM
RE: be. - by Random Event - 06-23-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: be. - by Alysanne - 06-23-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: be. - by Random Event - 07-23-2016, 09:11 PM