the Rift

[PRIVATE] Between a rock...

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah
'cause though the truth may vary
this ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

The mental image of Calder attempting to climb up a sheer rock face was one enough to inspire a smirk of my own to grow in response to his. It was a shame not all of those in the Basin were as easy to talk to as him - it might have been an agreeable herd to live in if that had been the case.

I didn’t really know what to expect when he beckoned me to follow him but I knew that I trusted him to the point where I barely hesitated before doing so. He had, after all, guarded me and kept me warm as I slept through a night - arguably one of the most vulnerable moments I could possibly have around someone. It was hard to mistrust someone who spoke to me as he did, with honesty and sincerity. Sometimes I felt like he watched me as though I was about to bolt in fear but that did not trouble me. How could it? The fear that something would happen and that I would need to run was a constant thought inside of my mind. Not even during sleep could I avoid it.

Perhaps, I considered reasonably, with someone else (someone larger) nearby as I slept I’d be more comfortable - knowing that four ears were on alert instead of just two.

I mulled over his invitation - amused by how indirect it had been - as I followed him toward the boulders. My confused expression only gave way when he pulled something from between them - a beautiful plaid cloth. My golden eyes were admiring it, not putting the fact that it was a gift together until he spoke. Instantly that bright gaze flashed to his face - I was so surprised! For a moment I stand there, uncertain about what to say, before my mind finally tried to catch up. “Oh Calder it’s beautiful. It… it matches my…” This flash flood of an emotional response was probably more than a gift like this really called for - the tears welling in my eyes as I recognized the pattern. It was the same pattern of the cloth tied into my tail, that treacherous and precious piece of material that had caused us to meet in the Threshold - that belonged to my dead mate and family. “I love it.” I managed to get those three words strangled out in a whisper before swallowing the boulder in my throat and getting out two more: “Thank you.”

Elspeth

image by Kiki <3

sorry not sorry had to get one more reply in before their new one <33
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Messages In This Thread
Between a rock... - by Calder - 05-30-2016, 10:35 PM
RE: Between a rock... - by Elspeth - 05-31-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Between a rock... - by Calder - 07-28-2016, 10:52 PM
RE: Between a rock... - by Elspeth - 07-31-2016, 09:31 PM