the Rift

Figure in Gray [open]

Iathraia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Iathraia
I see the world in only black and gray

A dark shadow in the vague shape of an equine slunk across the thick snow covered ground, leaving behind petite hoof print sized indentions, marring the pristine blanket of white.

The chilly breeze nipped at my spotted hide, leaving thousands of needles littering my body and teasing my dished face. My blue predatory-like eyes focused intently from behind a thick curtain of chocolate brown frock, purple and yellow swirling inside of them like the crystal snowflakes dancing in the Frostfall’s breath. The narrowed pupils flitted back and forth repeatedly, searching for any sign of danger in the barren winter forest. With the leaves dead and shriveled up from the freezing temperatures, the long spindling boughs left naked without the cover of the green foliage, it was easy to scope out the desolate terrain.

My neck arched in a gentle slope as my charred maw gingerly nudged the white fluff. The snow masked most of the scents, though I managed to pick out the musty essence of various equines, all of which were stale and vulgar in my nostrils, their owners long gone and forgotten. Satisfied, I sat back on my hocks, muscles lax yet ears on high alert, constantly swiveling on the top of my tanned head.

Behind me, the sun waned in the bare frost-bitten canopy, surrendering its hold on the world and casting fiery oranges, pinks, and purples across the dull gray winter sky—a last battle before the yellow star's exile from its welkin throne. The iridescent light played across my hide, tickling my skin with its warm tendrils. My thin eyelids slowly slid closed as I gratefully took in the warmth of the setting sun. The winter was brutal from the Sun God's banishment, and it was only just peeking out after the short Orangemoon. I knew the chilling temperatures would soon devour the lands completely and mercilessly, coating the world in a blanket of frost and leaving my beloved forest frozen in time.

[OOC: I would prefer that no one asks her to join a herd, as she's most likely going to be in the Grey, though anyone may post. :)]

Messages In This Thread
Figure in Gray [open] - by Iathraia - 10-18-2012, 09:20 PM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Ghost - 10-19-2012, 12:09 PM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Iathraia - 10-19-2012, 06:44 PM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Ophelia - 10-22-2012, 12:40 AM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Ktulu - 10-22-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Ghost - 10-24-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Iathraia - 10-24-2012, 09:08 PM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Ophelia - 10-25-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Ktulu - 10-26-2012, 10:47 PM