the Rift

Figure in Gray [open]

Iathraia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Iathraia
I see the world in only black and gray

With my full intention on the young ghost, I almost missed the ivory mare. Her steps were soundless, muted by the thick blanket of white snowflakes, and her scent was lost in the icy breeze that seeped into my thin spotted hide mercilessly. The only indication of an approach was the slight sound of leathery wings beating against the winter gale and the sigh of a tree bough as the flying creature perched. Though the sound was barely audible, like a whisper in a crowded room, my frost-tipped ears instantly became alert.

A shadow slipped in beside me as the graceful gait of a dame came to a halt. Taking my gaze off of the obsidian filly before me, I inclined my head toward the stranger. There stood a mare with a pelt of alabaster, the pure white of her bodice mirroring the crystal blanket coating the ground. Blood-dipped mane framed her duel colored eyes, one crimson and one ice blue, which radiated warmth and kindness. The two orbs matched her tone, which rang in my ears like the sweet chime of a bell. "Greetings. You are new here, yes?" A smile formed on her face, which seemed fitting for the ivory dame.

"Yes, I’m new to this land." I averred, returning her smile, though it seemed foreign to my face. I had no doubt that it would not look as genuine as the pale and crimson mare’s, though it was one none the less. "And from what I have seen so far, it is beautiful." I replied truthfully, as it was a remarkable land, unlike any other. The sinking sun seemed to cast a golden glow across the forest, causing the snowflakes littering the ground to twinkle in various hues of rainbow.

My wonderment was cut short by the bundle of brown fur that popped out of the underbrush before dashing toward a tree that a young dragon rested upon. It scratched at the frozen bark of the tree as if trying to climb the barren trunk to get to the silver creature, but obviously failing. I smiled internally at the bear cub’s futile attempts.

The rustle of foliage caught my attention, causing my cobalt eyes to return to the spot of which the furry beast emerged. A unicorn of the night stepped out onto the snow, her darkened pelt seemingly unaffected by the bright amber sun rays. A white pearly horn rested proudly upon her crown, the sharp pointed tip dipped in blood. Ruby gems glanced at the brown bear from behind a white forelock with the certain softness that a mother got while looking at their child, a small sigh escaping her charred maw, before resting her intense gaze on me.

"Hello," the dame said, her voice strangely familiar to the pale fae’s. I nodded in greeting, my darkened muzzle pulled into a small smile. My predatory orbs followed the ebony femme as she gently nudged the ivory and crimson mare’s shoulder. The resemblance of the two beings standing beside each other shocked me, their opposite colored hides mixing like yin and yang.

Messages In This Thread
Figure in Gray [open] - by Iathraia - 10-18-2012, 09:20 PM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Ghost - 10-19-2012, 12:09 PM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Iathraia - 10-19-2012, 06:44 PM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Ophelia - 10-22-2012, 12:40 AM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Ktulu - 10-22-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Ghost - 10-24-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Iathraia - 10-24-2012, 09:08 PM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Ophelia - 10-25-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: Figure in Gray [open] - by Ktulu - 10-26-2012, 10:47 PM