the Rift

[OPEN] come fly with me

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

we heal with love

Alright, enough was enough. Alysanne had been skirting by most of her life with less than a dozen attempts at flying - several of which had ended catastrophically. But this was her tenth spring now and it was time. At least it was time to make one last valiant effort at learning before giving up and just remaining earth-bound for the rest of her life. It wasn’t so bad down here, anyway. She was graceful on the ground like she had never been in the air - after years in the Edge she was sure she could pick her way over every root and rock in the dark. And those without wings seemed to do just fine walking around everywhere and she never complained about the lengthy treks when she wanted to travel south or away from the Edge.

She knew she could have gone to Iona and, with a few quick comments and the possibility of a lecture, the aging twins would have gone about the process of learning how to fly.

But Iona suspecting that her sister hadn’t flown in years and Alysanne confirming that suspicion were two very different things. So, in the end, she thought she would at least get a little practice in on her own. And maybe, if she happened to remember the lessons from when she was a foal, she could surprise Iona by showing up at the Edge by way of the cliffs.

The expression on her twin’s face was going to be worth it.

Hemlock had long been teasing Alysanne about her inability to fly - longing to soar in the skies with her. Between her inexperience and his small stature they certainly weren’t a bonded pair meant for cutting through clouds and racing across the skies of Helovia - but with a little practice a nice easy flight together over the forests would be nice. He wanted Aly to feel how wonderful it was to fly, to show her some of the world that was his own.

In the golden hours of the afternoon, the pair had scoped out an empty part of the Thistle Meadow and set about the process.

Only… they weren’t sure where to start.

“This is ridiculous, Hem!” Alysanne snorted as she stretched out her wings for the fifth time without moving her body, as though the cool breeze would lift her up without any effort. “I feel like an idiot.”

Have to try first. No complaining before even try. Hemlock chided her, fluttering down and pulling on a strand of her mane with his small beak.

She tried to remember what other pegasi did before they took off. Perhaps a bit of a run? Looking doubtfully at her companion, who made flying look so easy, she finally moved - picking up a trot and then a canter all while flapping her wings about most ungracefully.

alysanne & hemlock

image credits

for @Lyanna :D let's teach Aly how to fly!
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-01-2016, 12:34 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-02-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-08-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-17-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-27-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-28-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 07-20-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 07-25-2016, 01:53 PM