the Rift

[OPEN] come fly with me

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

we heal with love

Although privately Alysanne still insisted that it was embarassing for a full-grown pegasus to have trouble flying, she appreciated the black and teal mare’s kindness regarding the matter and her smile grew genuine in light of it and she even joined in with her own light laugh at the teasing. “You caught me!” It was true! The longer she talked or thought about it, the less time she would spend actually trying.

Her thanks that it was this new friend of hers that found her doubled over when Lyanna seemed to move without hesitation into the role of teacher, instructing Aly that it was more about moving upward than how fast she could move along the ground.

The way Lyanna moved certainly made it seem easy and Hemlock followed her, hooting twice with delight and encouraging Aly to follow them as well. She hesitated, her fears rising in her throat and threatening to choke her. Surely she could do this, right? After all she had lived through, learning how to fly should really be the least of her fears and worries.

With a deep, steadying breath she followed Lyanna’s example - picking up a canter as she extended her wings and then thrusting them down in a powerful stroke, which - to her surprise - worked! She lifted off of the earth a few feet and flapped her wings again and rose a few more. A delighted whinny escaped her at this progress.

Only, her surprise at the success quickly caused her to falter and she dropped back to the ground heavily, moving forward a few steps with the momentum and using her outstretched wings as balances to keep her upright. “I guess I’m not too old to learn new tricks after all!” She joked with a laugh, her legs trembling slightly with the impact of her fall but also from the excitement. It was such a small victory, but more than she had been able to get on her own. “Landings were always the worst part.” She walked a few steps to get the jitters out of her legs, not thinking the sting was worth pulling out magic to heal - it’d wear off soon.

“Do you always canter a bit before hand?” She asked curiously, hoping Lyanna wouldn’t mind the questions, as she prepared to give it another shot. Now that she was actually trying it herself, she couldn’t remember actually watching another pegasus take off. Could you learn to do it from a stand still or was there simply not enough force there to help?

This time when Alysanne tried, she was prepared for that weightless sensation and though her stomach was doing flips in her gut she managed to stay in the air for a few moments longer the second time before landing hard once more.

alysanne & hemlock

image credits

@Lyanna
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-01-2016, 12:34 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-02-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-08-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-17-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-27-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-28-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 07-20-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 07-25-2016, 01:53 PM