the Rift

[OPEN] come fly with me

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

It was good that Corbin had gotten her to stick with things. Everything. He never gave up on her. Frustrated and annoyed, certainly, but never gave up. What would life had been like if he’d lived? Even if they’d been forced from Morham, what if he had come to Helovia too? The thought brings a quiet smile to her face, before she realizes she should probably get out of her head and actually reply to Aly. “Well, he could have lit my ass on fire, so I wasn’t every going to just slip away,” she says with a chuckle. Not that he ever would have. She was not immune to fire as he was. But he definitely would have singed a few hairs to get her attention.

She could have tried flying away, and he would have found her with that damn fire anywhere (also, you know, he could have just followed her). Granted, she typically could put it out, but it took a hell of a lot of wind and energy to actually put the fires out and not just make them stronger. So she tried to avoid situations where she actually had to put the fire out. With her luck, she’d probably end up turning a tiny singed hair into a second-degree burn.

Alysanne laughs at Lyanna’s next comment, though doesn’t say anything more until she asks how to get down. Down. Down is the part she hates, really. She’d rather stay in the sky. It was a good way to miss things, certainly, but it was also a good way to find things. Lyanna often stuck close to the ground, using the speed of flying in conjunction with the proximity to earth to learn the lands, to find her own specific someone.

That find, may have just been luck. But still, she could have been halfway to heaven, and she wouldn’t have missed that familiar blue horn.

“Not to fall,” she says with a cheeky little grin. And then, more usefully. “You want to slow, and ultimately break the airflow. Your legs create drag, though tuck them closer to your body when you are near the ground, and try to land softly. Wings raised some to keep yourself from plummeting, and then, when you are ready to drop, tip them up just in the front to break the airflow.” She demonstrates, angling down toward the ground, trying to make the movements large and deliberate so they are easier to actually see. The movements don’t need to actually be so large, but it’s always easier to learn with them too big, and adjust later.

She hits the dirt with a soft thump, knees bending to absorb the shock, wings tucking back to her sides almost instinctively. She moves a bit out of the way, and then expectantly waits for Aly to give it a shot.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Alysanne

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-01-2016, 12:34 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-02-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-08-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 03:55 PM