the Rift

[OPEN] somebody like me

Mordecai Posts: 77
Aurora Basin Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

Less and less time had been spent in the Dragon's Throat in favor of exploring Helovia and seeing everything that she possibly could. Mordecai had been given a taste of freedom and she was drunk on it. She liked having no one but herself to answer to, no one to tell her where to go or what she should be doing. There was nothing to tie her down when she was away from the Throat and that leant to the idea that she didn't belong there anymore. She had outgrown the red island desert and that she should just leave it behind and not look back. But as appealing as that idea might have been to the dark mare, her family was there. They would always pull her back to the desert because no matter how she tried she couldn't shake their grip on her and it was maddening.

As she did every morning, Mordecai had taken her leave of the Throat to spend some time exploring on her own. One of her favorite places were the caves in the Heart because it always seemed like there was something new to find there. This time, it seemed, was no different if you didn't take into account that the something new she found was actually someone. Then again, Rikyn wasn't exactly new, she'd met him in the Blood Falls with Abraham and that Rift mare, whose name wasn't important enough to her to remember.

She could hear his voice as he spoke to someone, claiming to not be allowed that way. Of course she wondered what way and why. The closest herd to the Heart was the Dragon's Throat, so common sense lead her to believe that he wasn't allowed in the Throat. That still didn't answer her why.

She emerged from the caves as the boy and his companion took off toward the river delta. Mordecai stretched her wings out at her sides and watched the duo for a moment before she, too, took off. Once she reached her desired speed she leapt into the air and beat her wings against the air.  "Afis seris." she thought to herself. Her dark eyes sought out the unicorn and his deer in the sands below. When she spotted them she adjusted her course so that her shadow would fall over them as she flew overhead. 

"."

Translation:

MORDECAI

maybe life is nothing more than a curse inside the blessed
i'll fight this bloody war with every strangled breath
credits
the emptiness that we confess in the dimmest hour of day
in Automatown they make a sound like the low sad moan of prey

Messages In This Thread
somebody like me - by Rikyn - 06-01-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: somebody like me - by Mordecai - 06-28-2016, 04:11 PM
RE: somebody like me - by Rikyn - 07-05-2016, 11:01 AM