the Rift

[PRIVATE] we are just breakable boys and girls

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

With a flush of self-consciousness, Alysanne shuffled uncomfortably when she thought Mauja was looking at the scars that marked her wing - thankful for how the appendage hid most of them. With luck, he wouldn’t be the curious sort - the type to ask questions about scars and history.

The question that the spotted unicorn did ask wasn’t out of the ordinary and more welcome. Why indeed? They were practically strangers, bound together with a few tentative strings involving their home and a darling girl. Her smile was soft in her green eyes as she looked at him with her answer. “Because I’m a doctor, because you are my daughter’s friend, because you’re a herd-mate...” But really, it was much more simple than that: “Because that’s who I am.” For better or for worse, she was the mare that would dive off a cliff to save someone she barely knew. She would even do it for a complete stranger!

Her gaze drifted then, as though pulled to the ocean far below where their hooves rested on the cliffs, and that small smile faded. “I’m the one who jumps off cliffs to save someone, even when I cannot fly properly - even when on a quest and charged with refusing help to an injury…” She trailed off there, frowning at herself. She hadn’t spoken of the quest to anyone else and, really, she had no idea whether she was supposed to mention it at all. For over a year it had vexed her and yet, without hesitation, each time she came across someone that needed healing she came to their aid. She knew that this was why she had been charged with such a quest - it would hardly be one if she found it easy - and the words of the Moon Goddess still rang in her ears - about how refusing one would save more with her new magic. She knew these things and still, in the moment whenever it came, she could not yet find the strength to refuse.

Thoughts of her unfinished quest soured her expression and mood. Despite the second chance she had been given by the Moon Goddess she still felt a failure. “I’m the fool who cares enough about all she meets that she’d not see them come to any harm under her watch.”

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
RE: we are just breakable boys and girls - by Alysanne - 06-20-2016, 09:28 PM