the Rift

[PRIVATE] we are just breakable boys and girls

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

“I didn’t ask not to have them.” Came his reply and Alysanne snorted lightly, a small smile forming. Of course he hadn’t - she knew that. “Perhaps we could trade.” She offered, uselessly, but with a small amount of humour so that it was almost a joke. It wasn’t Mauja’s fault that her unwillingness to fly was a sore spot - it drew questions and odd looks whenever it came up and at some point, it stopped being fun repeating the same explanations over and over again.

She didn’t say anything further on the subject of being a fool. Sometimes the depth to which she cared about others made her feel foolish - it had certainly gotten her into trouble more than once (not to mention it had gotten her pregnant twice).

But his question about why she wanted to be able to transfer pain to herself certainly required a proper answer. Alysanne had never really thought about the why of asking for such a magic - it just made sense to her. Why wouldn’t she want to take on some of the pain of those around her, to make their lives easier? Even temporarily.

Perhaps her explanation would help show Mauja just how much of a fool she was.

Shuffling her hoof momentarily along the rocky ground, kicking a small pebble over the cliff edge, Alysanne’s gaze was back out at sea as she started but was eventually gravitated to Mauja. Her voice was pensive and quiet, as she tried to find the best way to explain this need within her. “I guess… it comes down to just wanting to help everyone. It’d be a temporary thing - so that when I heal them, or when they are healed by someone else, they can be relieved of the pain of their injury until there’s no injury left for there to be pain from.” She wondered if that made any sense and watched Mauja for his reaction. The Moon Goddess had been baffled at her request as well but it seemed so simple to Alysanne - to give everything she had (though perhaps, not yet her life) to help when she could.

She wanted to be the pain-reliever, the drug, that eased someone into recovery.

So she used an example she thought he might understand. “I could have used it that day in the Deep Forest. Taken some of your pain onto myself to calm you, to make it easier while we were healing...” Although the idea of that seared flesh and the pain associated with it scared her, she would have taken it without a second thought.

She didn’t even know if she was strong enough to handle that much pain. Would it be worse than what the demon had done to her body and mind the day he left the scars along her side and neck? There was a sick sense of curiosity that followed those thoughts so she quickly banished them, returning her attention to Mauja and his burn-less body.  “But you seem to have healed just fine.” Her tone was more curious than accusatory - she was glad to see that he wasn't bearing the effects of that night. And although there had been rumours about the Moon Goddess' visit to the Edge, Alysanne hadn't known what she had come for.

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star

@Mauja
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
RE: we are just breakable boys and girls - by Alysanne - 06-30-2016, 02:43 PM