the Rift

take a whole lot more than words and guns

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

It is silent for some time. Frankly I was surprised to have the son of the gilded tongue following me. That he wanted to know. But could I answer his questions? Did I have the heart for that?

The sound of his hooves quickened behind me as we entered a clearing as Rikyn trotted up to my side. Once we had entered it, I heard the clearing of his throat, and his hooves ceased to make sound. I fell to a halt, my head turning to look at him.

"So...
He clears his throat, and I get an odd sense that he does not do this often.
"Obviously you're not okay."

An ear falls back for a moment before flicking forward again. No, I wasn't. I wouldn't be okay. I would always be damaged goods. Someday I might act 'okay', but it would still hurt just as much as it did then.

"Maybe it’s none of my business and you can tell me so," I raise a brow watching him. He was terrible at this. "but you really look like shit."

For a moment I am watching him mildly stunned by this statement. I watch him for a moment, his avoiding of eye contact. What? Was he scared I might explode? Actually that was reasonable. I wasn't stable. After I move past the initial stunned moment a laugh erupts from my throat. It was hollow, and slightly deranged. Thankfully it doesn't last long. "And I thought I was starting to look a little better..."

I sighed looking away as a layer fell over me. It was thick enough to drown in. It wasn't awkward, but it was painful. Everything was sad nowadays. I missed the carefree days of youth, And I wasn't even three yet. My eyes returned to his golden and black face.

"I had two. Kvasir and Vidar. Vidar wasn't born alive... I... I'm not dealing with it well. Obviously." I shuddered, and in the back of my mind I note how calm I am acting.
"I tried to give Kvasir away, because I'm shit at parenting... I let my child down, his father, my father... I let a lot of people down." My gaze dropped to the grass, my eyes focusing on a particular blade.

"Today I'm okay, but.... Other days I'm not entirely sane. Too wrapped in misery I suppose." I glanced up again, watching for his reaction. How does one even react to that? Why would he even care?

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

Messages In This Thread
RE: take a whole lot more than words and guns - by Glacia - 06-02-2016, 12:59 PM