the Rift

[OPEN] Opening doors [DT Gate Crafting Trade]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
“Were you a crafter, yourself?” The eager question was accompanied by a brief glance of beautifully emerald eyes, before the Prince’s bright gaze returned back to his craft. And the King was surprised by the question—how had he known? Pale, black-rimmed ears swept forward, navy gaze entirely leaving the erection of metal from the earth to closely study the man’s gilded, painted face. They flicker to the time-worn scar on the crest of his neck, and briefly his own curiosity is aroused—but he had to answer the question posed to him before asking any.

“I was,” his deep rumbled in a simple answer at first, pausing to think before continuing, “Before coming to Helovia, I destroyed more things than I created. But when I came here, and found a home in the Edge… I wanted to build, so I became a Glazier of glass, before becoming King.” He wasn’t sure why he so fully and deeply answered the Forger’s question. Perhaps it was the guileless gaze or darting, bright glances. Perhaps it was the silence that he felt he should fill while Cera worked. Either way, he fell quiet at Golden Prince’s free laugh, his own thick lips curving upward in a wry, lopsided grin.

His dark blue eyes traveled to the metal as it hinges, slowly forming the shape of a gate. Though his ears remained trained on the man as he asks about regency and leadership; about ascending to Kingship and desires of the heart.

The smallest of frowns, partly thoughtful and partly uncertain, crease the black skin that masked his face. And his silence stretched until the elegant man gave a short laugh followed quickly by an apology— seemingly releasing the Elephant from even answering the question.

But the King did, after a moment longer of thought. “There’s no need for an apology, Cera. Like I said before, I was born far from being a King. And my actions up until joining the Edge were anything but regal,” he sighed quietly, “I have never ‘desired’ to be king, so perhaps I am not the right one to ask these questions. But, I will tell you, from what I have learned thus far in life, is that it is neither following omens nor chasing desires that creates the most honorable of rulers. There is a difference between needing power to achieve great things, and achieving power by doing great things,” he paused, thinking, before continuing, “But for me, I became a King because one was needed.” And, to avoid delving into a daughter’s death and blood stained sands, he ended his answer to Cera’s deep questions.

In the course of his soliloquy, the Forger had finished his work, erecting proudly black iron spires while adorning it with brightly gleaming moons. Sweeping strides approached the large gate, muzzle outstretched to touch the metal that was still warm from being worked by magic. “It’s beautiful,” his grin was genuine as he turned his head to see Cera’s shy smile, “You’ve done the Edge a great service, and I am certain the Throat would be proud of your work.”
Tembovu
the elephant king

image | coding

@Cera Thank you! <3 We can end it here :D

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opening doors [DT Gate Crafting Trade] - by Tembovu - 07-02-2016, 04:19 PM