the Rift

[OPEN] Bring me to LIFE[hatching]

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Warm sunlight filters through the tree boughs, falling in sparkling beams and throwing mottled patterns across the mare’s back. She saunters forward slowly, enjoying the rejuvenation and life of spring, ever eager to seize the moment and bask in it. What a beautiful season! Blue nostrils curl as she inhales deeply, and she can almost feel the wonderful tingling of her body as the crisp air flows through every crevice and fiber of her being. Cloven hooves spring with each step, nearly dancing, her long tail swaying and curling happily. Sighing to herself, Tiamat pauses for a breath, simply enjoying being alive.

Lowering her head to blow a soft breath over the spring grass, delicate ears suddenly catch distant sounds, cupping the voices and drawing a smile across sapphire lips. Never one to pass up the opportunity of friendship, the ocean mare doesn’t hesitate in her advance. The length of her leonine tail sways in time with her hips as she saunters through the trees, following the trail of voices until they lead her towards the ancient stone pavilion. “Hello?” She murmurs, her tone laced with airy excitement, when the sounds become clearer. Stepping from the trees and into the little clearing, white eyes settle on each of the strangers—two fillies and a stallion—with honest, excited affection.

Her smile widens happily along her lips, tulip ears pressing forward and pale eyes sparkling as she approaches the small gathering, her very enthusiasm seeming to feed off of the freshness and promise of spring. It isn’t until she’s nearly settled among them that she notices the milky orb in the center of their circle. While each egg might look different, it is impossible not to recognize the origins of a companion. Tiamat’s attention settles on the ivy-marked stallion, assuming him to be the blessed recipient of this gift by the way he hovers. “Oh, how exciting! Do you mind if I watch?” Her eyes dance expectedly.

After a short moment, the blue mare looks back to the egg, taking note of the shallow cracks that are already lacing the egg’s pearly surface. Her heart beats with more zeal for a breath, quickening the blood through her veins. While her own anxiousness is undoubtedly minuscule in comparison to the stallion’s, Tiamat cannot help but feel so enthused herself—she has never seen a companion egg hatch before! The connection between bonded individuals is incredible, beautiful, and she feels honored to be able to witness its birth.

“My name is Tiamat…I believe we’ve met before? At some point, maybe,” the ocean mare laughs with a gentle shake of her head, her laughter highlighted by the tinkling of shells in her hair. The ivy-marked stallion is definitely familiar (she is sure that she has seen him around before) but, much to her embarrassment, she can’t seem to recall his name. Looking then to the two fillies, Tiamat grins, reaching out to playfully nuzzle the silver-sprinkled one closest to her. “Well aren’t you adorable,” she coos with laughter in her voice, lifting her eyes to smile another hello to the other, older, filly. Offhandedly she takes note of the girl’s matching ivy marking, but not one to pry, she returns her attention to the egg, waiting with baited breaths.

“Speech.”
tiamat
What you share with the world
is what it keeps of you.

@Ilios | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
Bring me to LIFE[hatching] - by Ilios - 06-04-2016, 03:05 AM
RE: Bring me to LIFE[hatching] - by Vesper - 06-04-2016, 05:53 PM
RE: Bring me to LIFE[hatching] - by Maui - 06-05-2016, 02:39 PM
RE: Bring me to LIFE[hatching] - by Tiamat - 06-06-2016, 01:25 AM