Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

oh come forth
into the storm and rout
and be my love in the rain

The time had come. 

He is no stalwart mountain, a machine of indestructible magnitude that toils tirelessly through the seasons. Even with the gaps in his memory and the hardening of his once-brittle heart, he tires. Perhaps it is because of the silence in his head that he chooses to do this now. Where once Kaj had signed the scroll with his blood because of love, then honor, then a misplaced sense of duty, he now had no reason to continue on. His reign had come to a quiet and peaceful end, one of his own choosing. 

It was the best ending Kaj could have ever asked for. 

This was not his total ending. There were still pages left in his book, room for ink to spread and flow, room for more stories to be written. But this chapter - long, chaotic, and fruitful - had finally come to a close. It was time for him, personally, to pass the torch. 

He had asked to speak with them the eve prior, though facing Brisa was as uncomfortable as the last time with all that lay unspoken between them. Now he awaited them, in the spot he had designated, feeling more at peace than he had in seasons. Years. It was time to devote his hours to his daughter, to strengthening their forces with his own body. And he was relieved, to be free of this burdensome title that had stopped fitting him when Kahlua had left his side. When they left the Edge. 

They could move on without him. Easily. And he was not insulted by that. He did not believe himself to be anything particularly special. A leader - a Czar - was merely a normal soul plucked from the masses. Just as he was about to ask Brisa to be. 

A nod of welcoming greeted both of them when they arrived. It was time. His eyes first turned to Archibald. 

"I called you here to rescind my title as Czar of the Hidden Falls. The crown has not fit my soul for too long now, and I have a daughter to care for. I believe another would be more fit to rule in my stead." It was spoken with a quiet smile, unashamed and disregarding any judgment that came with the announcement. His handsome face then turned to Brisa. 

"Brisa has been with us since the World's Edge. She is loyal and wise. I would like to promote her in my place if you agree, Archibald." Baby blues softened, almost apologetic as he gazed upon Brisa's beautiful countenance. "And, of course...if you decide to take the position I offer you. You have my faith." But regardless of her choice, from here on out, he would no longer be Czar of the Falls. 

And no news had ever sounded sweeter to his ears. 

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

@Archibald @Brisa

Congrats Nickel!

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Passing the Torch - by Kaj - 06-05-2016, 05:11 PM
RE: Passing the Torch - by Archibald - 06-05-2016, 05:19 PM
RE: Passing the Torch - by Brisa - 06-05-2016, 06:33 PM