the Rift

[PRIVATE] silence like a cancer grows [goodbye]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

We made it, Aodaun, she murmured weakly into his head. The bear would cry if he could, if the Gods had ever given him the physical ability to shed his tears over the woman who had saved and sheltered him. She will watch over him, Aodaun comforted softly where he was laying beside his princess. She will love him. We will love him too, no matter where we are. And while the bear could not cry, the Poisoner still could, and a quiet trail glimmered down her cheek as she turned her face into the soft fur of her companion. I'm so sorry my love. I did not want to drag you into this, to take you with me. It's unfair. Aodaun made a soft whining noise in his throat and pressed closer to the skinny frame of his beloved. Glimmering eyes stared peacefully into Lakota's. 

I go where you go. Always.

And she cried, the devil of a woman who had been strong for too long. She cried in the face of her companion's unfettered affection, too pure for the likes of her damaged soul. She didn't deserve him or the love he always offered her. He didn't deserve to die alongside her, but she was selfish. She did not want to face the darkness alone, for surely a sinner like she would not face the light of the heavens. 

At her gentle, tired bidding, the bear rose. He left her crumpled in the leaves, too small, too delicate. A forgotten tangle of limbs. He could feel the poison killing her, the cancer that would take her tonight. She knew, as many knew instinctively, that this would be her last day. And he would fetch those that she loved so she may say her goodbyes. It was not how she wanted to be remembered, this broken, weak creature before them. She wanted to die valiant and beautiful. But life was cruel. 

At least here on her death bed, in this pitiful way, she would at least be granted the privilege of last words and closure. Even if it meant seeing for herself the pain she would cause. 

She would be forgotten too quickly. But the dead could not feel the sting of loss and abandonment. And that was the only thing she looked forward to, the bliss of oblivion. Of not knowing how quickly they moved on from her. 

Chunga-Stock

Lakota's death thread. @Archibald @Ktulu @Murtagh And whoever else if you think your character liked her lol
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
silence like a cancer grows [goodbye] - by Lakota - 06-05-2016, 05:22 PM