the Rift

[PRIVATE] silence like a cancer grows [goodbye]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

The bear cannot hold his princess accountable for the pain he feels upon seeing the excited, naive expression on his cub's face when he comes to fetch him, or the worried pinch of Ktulu's expression when she awakens to find him encouraging her helplessly forward. But it hurts his heart to feel the shadows of death on his own doorstep, to know he and she - they - will soon leave these beautiful souls alone and broken with their absence. He is glad he cannot speak to them as he can his princess, because he would not know what to say. That terrible pain will be reserved for his bonded, and he does not envy her the agony of telling the two most precious to her that she is fading forever. When he returns to her he helps to prop her up once more, for she is too weak to stand any longer. 

Lakota knows it is what she asked for, but the fact that it is her beloved son who arrives first makes this so much harder. He does not understand, cannot, and she knows that before his innocent words caress her ears. He has never seen a sickness like this, and she regrets that hers will be the first, the one that takes her from him. "Buonasera, mio bambino," she murmurs, too weak to lift her voice much louder. Her dark lips turned to embrace him as he nudged against her, drinking in his scent desperately, needing it to embolden herself. "Not now, mio amato. Mammina is feeling very sick, and we need to wait for your Papa." Her voice chokes, because then Ktulu is rushing in, clearly tired and still haggard with work and worry. 

Ktulu's touch both strengthened and shattered the Poisoner, who turned her face into her lover's dark visage, face crumpling with pain that transcended all physical and mental borders. She had never wanted to die like this, where she had to watch her family suffer in her last prolonged moments, and maybe that selfish desire had created this backlash of unfair departure. "Ktu," she hushed in a strained voice. 

But she can't leave this any longer. She doesn't know how much time she has left. 

"I love you both so much," she chokes, and she can't even recover her pride enough to hate herself for the weakness she is showing. Lakota scarcely blinks, wanting the image of her family to carry her on into death. "I have been sick for a while now," she manages to spit out, because if she doesn't start now she fears she never will. "Since Archibald sent you on your journey," is explained quietly to Ktulu. Everything hurts, but she cannot leave them without an explanation. 

"Resplendence disappeared at the same time. I thought it was just the season...but it did not go away. And I was watching over you, bambino, and did not want to leave you alone for the moons it would take to visit another herd. And your mammina is not always the nicest, I could not ensure they would accept me." A wry grin crosses her tired, drawn face. She had not had the energy to make it by that time either. Her violet eyes flicker to Ktulu, wondering if she knows, now. If she suspects where this is going. 

"By the time I finally found a healer..." her voice chokes and she can scarcely breathe. "There is nothing they can do for me now. It will take me. I just wanted to last long enough for you to come home, Ktulu," and a silent tear creases her cheek, gritting her teeth against the pain of all of this. Perhaps it's her just desserts, to go out in such a painful way when she had caused so much of it herself in her lifetime. 

"Mammina is dying, baby," she cries softly to her son, her heart convulsing with agony. That she must be the one to explain this passing to him, that her own death will be the first he experiences. 

Chunga-Stock
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
silence like a cancer grows [goodbye] - by Lakota - 06-05-2016, 05:22 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows [goodbye] - by Lakota - 09-04-2016, 05:04 PM