[PRIVATE] silence like a cancer grows [goodbye]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Lakota & Ktulu
The Poisoner & The Constrictor
"I'm fighting everyday, Ktulu."

The admittance forced the air out of Ktulu's lungs sharply. Of course she knew that Lakota was fighing. And she knew that it wasn't an enemy that they could take on and defeat together like they had so many times before. But she didn't know what to do or what to say. What can you say when the one you love tells you that they're dying? What do you say when you know there's nothing you can do to stop it or to protect them? Ktulu wasn't used to feeling weak and powerless and as she stood there listening to Lakota that was exactly what she felt.

"But Murtagh came first, you know that."

"Yes." She whispered, but she wanted to say so much more. She wanted to shout, to scream, to demand what Murtagh would do without his mother because she didn't take the time to tend to herself. What good would it do to throw that at Lakota? What good would it do to make her feel worse? Still, their child needed his mammina. He needed both of them to be there for him. "There has to be something we can do." She mumbled as Lakota rose to finally stand. "There has to be..." because you can't leave me yet. You can't leave me. I need you.

Ktulu was compliant as Lakota tugged her closer, her hooves shuffling and her head lifting so she could drape her neck over Lakota's and pull her closer. Again, Lakota said that she'd been to every healer, but Ktulu wasn't ready to give up. There had to be something that they could do. "I know." She whispered. "I'm not ready to let you go." But what could they do? How could they make her better?

Lakota's sudden suggestion that they go to the gods gave Ktulu a little bit of hope to grasp on to. Maybe they could help. She could quest and find a way to save Lakota. She could even trade places with her if they allowed it so their son could still have his mammina. "Okay." She agreed, her voice strained under the weight of her emotions. "Okay, we'll go."

"."

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
silence like a cancer grows [goodbye] - by Lakota - 06-05-2016, 05:22 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows [goodbye] - by Ktulu - 09-16-2016, 11:56 PM