the Rift

[PRIVATE] Roses and Sunflowers

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
The Thief’s ears flickered in uncertainty at how Hotaru would take the news of the father of her children. Would she suggest that perhaps her loyalties weren’t in the right place? That the only reason she would bed the King of another land was because she wasn’t happy in the Basin? Or would she think that Rexanna had been doing the best of her capabilities, carrying children for the King in turn of some phenomenal secrets that lay within the borders of the Edge that only an insider could find out about? If the golden vixen had to be honest, it was none of those, no matter how much she wanted it to be worth something in the end. But wasn’t love worth going to the ends of the earth for? Wasn’t it something that should be put forward, something to die for if the need should arise?

Would the Thief be willing to die for Tembovu?

Probably, regrettably. Would he do the same? Maybe, maybe not. It all depended on their next encounter – whenever that would be. When she hoped that perhaps going to the Edge was going to be a wondrous occasion, joyous when Tembovu found that his children grew within her; (after so many times she had wished it were his, no matter how much she loved Rein – how much she wished the child was the Elephant King’s) Would he be just as happy? But Hotaru’s words reached her ears, and nothing truly lied within them other than jesting and lighthearted joking. As if Rexanna breathed a sigh of relief, she let a small laugh out. “It’s not like it was expected, I’ve known the man since his first day in Helovia. Just turns out he had large aspirations.” She added in, hoping to ease some discomfort that her words may have caused. And yet, the conversation shifted and the Thief noticed the sunset mare relax as she said she’d keep her secret. Nodding lightly, Rexanna offered her an encouraging yet soothing smile. “Don’t men just hate it to get bested by women? I can’t wait.” She half joked to her, trying to lighten the mood while still understanding that despite what kind of trouble and harm might come to her that she’d at least have Hotaru by her side for it all.

But when the Thief had shifted the conversation, asking who the father of the Lady’s children were, she almost seemed to withdraw, uncomfortable in the idea that perhaps Rexanna shouldn’t know who it was. But she began to overcome it, and placed a name so simple that the Thief hadn’t really paid attention much to the next set of words. Ashamin. Reaching forward, Rexanna aimed to press her cream muzzle into the rose shoulder of her friend with a smile. “Oh how wonderful!” She pulled her head back, offering Hotaru a bright and wide smile. There were no feelings attached to the prior Haruspex, despite bearing his child. She hoped that perhaps Hotaru could understand that. “You can tell me anything, Hotaru. I don’t have any feelings for Ashamin, I’m happy that you two can have children that understand love.” She added in, perhaps a bit jealous. She remembered Rein, and how much she had wished for the child to grow up understanding what having a parental connection was and how he wouldn’t ever get it. She hoped that the children within her would be able to understand that. “I didn’t know he left, though. I’m sure he isn’t far.” She noted, turning her head away from her to look out upon the Steppe. “He’s the only one of my pregnancies so far that’s made it to the birth, I’m sure he’ll be there.” She smiled gently, trying to make it easier for Hotaru’s worries, and yet still unsure if the Lady knew of the Thief’s miscarriage prior to Helovia.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Hotaru it feels like it reads weird I apologize xD
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Roses and Sunflowers - by Hotaru - 06-05-2016, 07:57 PM
RE: Roses and Sunflowers - by Rexanna - 06-06-2016, 06:10 AM
RE: Roses and Sunflowers - by Hotaru - 07-19-2016, 01:58 AM
RE: Roses and Sunflowers - by Rexanna - 07-22-2016, 11:00 PM
RE: Roses and Sunflowers - by Hotaru - 08-10-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Roses and Sunflowers - by Rexanna - 08-14-2016, 01:57 PM
RE: Roses and Sunflowers - by Hotaru - 08-20-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Roses and Sunflowers - by Rexanna - 08-21-2016, 03:42 PM