the Rift

[OPEN] kings and queens of the wild frontier

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

Ever since I finally managed to get the whole walking thing mostly down, I didn’t want to stop. I wanted to explore, to learn, to see everything that existed in this place that was my world. The concept that there was something beyond the Throat, even something beyond the few corners of the Throat I had seen, was far beyond my comprehension. For now, this was all I needed.

I still hated the sand though. I hated to fall in it even though it was softer than the rocks, because it went everywhere. I had eaten sand already more times than anyone ever should and the grit hung around my mouth so that I could hear it whenever my teeth ground against each other.

On this day, our mother took us to the coast and there were shallow little pools that we could play in, that we could explore. There was still some of that nasty sand here but not enough to distract me, and not enough that I needed to be worried about eating it while we played. Mostly there was rocks and plants and water but it was all new so I was fascinated by every single thing. I wanted to look at it all but I also didn’t want to stray too far. Our mother was keeping watch nearby so I wasn’t worried about that - it was just that even the space of several feet was too much separating me from my brother.

I just didn’t know how to be without him there - didn't know what I was without my twin. I liked him to be close enough to touch - to feel him chewing on my ear or to press my head into his neck when I felt nervous. Ever since our mother had first nuzzled us both I assumed all contact was reassuring and although I appreciated mother’s comfort, I found that I felt cold without my twin within easy grasp.

Across the water there was a storm brewing but where we were, only a few clouds marred the late morning sky - the sun reflecting brightly into the pools that I cautiously splashed into.

In one such pool, a ball of bright red caught my eye and had me fumbling to a stop. “Cas! Fini hazi?!” The words come out in hushed awe as I lowered my muzzle close to the surface of the water to inspect the prickly ball - assuming that he, elder by a few short minutes, would have the answer when I did not.

image from flickr

Fini hazi? =  what is that?

baby exploring time!!
@Amalrik, @Castor, @Tyrath <3

Messages In This Thread
kings and queens of the wild frontier - by Vastra - 06-05-2016, 10:11 PM