the Rift

[OPEN] kings and queens of the wild frontier

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

Our mother’s subdued manner had a similar effect on me - I didn’t want to be too loud, too disruptive, and risk upsetting her even more when it was clear something was already wrong. I didn’t know what it was exactly that was troubling her. Our father and part of the family weren’t around at the moment but the connection between that knowledge and her sadness was not one I was capable of making just yet. I didn’t know a life with that father or sister and could not miss their absence.

So I tried to stay quiet, tried to stay good, so she might have one less thing to be sad about. Castor took a different approach but I honestly didn’t know which one of us was doing a better job. Still, she seemed to be okay with Cas and I exploring so I tried to stop looking back to where she was and focus on all the amazing things that I was finding.

Castor, with his superior knowledge, came at my call and proclaimed the discovery a ‘red sea-stabby thing’. Which, as his younger sister, was an answer I happily accepted as fact and stored for use later on. He leant in to check it out but got a nose full of sea water instead. With a powerful sneeze my twin went falling backward onto his rump in the shallow pool. My small, downy wings spread from my side in alarm, a precursor to instincts that would bid me fly from danger (or use them to strike it down) “Cas! Hash azisi?” Our mother would not be happy if he was!

This red sea-stabby thing was dangerous!

But still, I wonder whether it would have the same effect on me if I were to try. Filled with the combination of curiosity, bravery, and foolishness of my age I turn from my fallen brother and look to the sea creature again.

My red nose dipped into the water and closer to it.

Instead of a nose full of sea water, I was rewarded with a sting. I yelped in pain and shock and quickly scramble backward - two long red spines protruding from my muzzle, right on the white of the snip. I shake my head violently, trying to get them out. Although it doesn’t work, I keep trying all the same - alarmed at discovering the sensation of pain.

image from flickr

"Hash azisi?" = Are you hurt?

everyone else is still very welcome to join in! Just going to have some twin times in the meantime <333
@Castor

Messages In This Thread
kings and queens of the wild frontier - by Vastra - 06-05-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: kings and queens of the wild frontier - by Vastra - 06-14-2016, 11:33 PM