the Rift

[DROP] Death Rattle [DARK/WIND DROP]

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow

He addresses her directly, does the boy; she frowns and flaps back her ears, horrified that somebody here might see them interacting and think they're friends, as Enyo did. "We must stop meeting like this," she draws, exuding sarcasm, although she can't force any real malice into her voice. The dreaded empathy begins to bubble beneath the surface and she edges swiftly away from him, away from the Feels that keep trying to eat her alive from within.

Gods damn that boy, and his bloody mother: firstly for parting her thighs to his father, whoever that may be, and secondly for seemingly treating him shittily enough to make Oizys feel sorry for him. Away with you, bad feels!

Her attention is swiftly re-snatched by the demon horse beast thing, who summons bones (ooh, how creepily delightful) from the world around them. The 'friend' that appears in front of the gargoyle is something akin to a tooth, and she sniffs it curiously. It's hooked, serrated, deadly - she half-contemplates saying screw this magic lark, she'll make do with the tooth as her prize. It'd make a beautiful weapon, curved and sharp even in death....but no, she came for power, and power keeps her here. She snuffles at the tooth, noting that it's nicely cold against her searching lips, and there are countless runes engraved into it. She isn't quite sure what she's meant to do - the first woman to speak is convinced that the spine is her mother, and Oizys goggles at the tooth through the side of her eye. Is it supposed to be a relative? Is she related to anything predatory? She thinks of Father, the great snake, and smiles a cold smile, but this tooth cannot be his. It just....can't.

So it seems she will have to use her imagination; make up a fitting story to match this tooth. Ker springs from her back and pecks curiously at the bone, but she, too, cannot think what it might be from. Well, bullshit it is, then. "This is the tooth of an ice bear, who dwelled in the far north and devoured each and every piece of prey that came before him. The serrated edge could carve through flesh as easily as sun cuts through snow, and the prey lived in fear of his wrath. As well as his claws, his teeth and his great size, your friend the bear had magic, too. He could breathe ice, freeze anything that stumbled across his path. But he wasn't a mindless brute, no. He was a pious man, who worshipped the Moon. Not our own Moon Goddess, but the Moon itself, the Moon that brought the night in which he loved to hunt, the Moon that scared away the Sun who tried to melt his home and chase away the prey."

She pauses for breath, and notices that Ker is hanging on her every word. She looks at the rapturous bird in disgust - it's only a story, dumbass, it isn't true. The eagle seems rather disappointed at this, and carries on scrutinising the tooth with her sharp eyes as though she can will this mythical bear into life. "Once he had reached a great age, your friend died, as we all must, and the prey breathed easily once again. As a reward for his lifelong loyalty, the Moon gave him a place among the stars. Although his body was consumed by predators and maggots, his bones were engraved with the Moon's symbol and left to rest beneath the snow as testament to him." She realises that the last bit doesn't tally with the fang being here, and frowns. "And then that tooth, uh, moved here. Because...magic."

Nee-naw nee-naw, the bullshit police are here. She grimaces, shuddering at the cheesyness of her story and the lame ending, but hopes it'll do. She inserted as much heartfelt emotion into it as possible, as though she gives a hairy rat's ass about this fictional bear and his fictional tooth. She doesn't - but dammit, she'll be an actress one day. Why could the great brute not have just made them fight for the prize? Then, the witch would have stood a chance. Stories, imagination, literature? Fuck that.

O I Z Y S
I'M NOT A HERO, I'M A LIAR
I'M NOT A SAVIOUR, I'M A VAMPIRE
image credits

Seeking:

[ Magic: Dark x Spark | Can create lightning creatures that shock when they touch skin. ]
[ Restrictions | Creatures cannot be larger than Oizys herself; can create 1 large or 2 small per battle? ]

wishlist

No refusals (I don't think the one I listed in my last post counts)

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

Messages In This Thread
Death Rattle [DARK/WIND DROP] - by Random Event - 06-08-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: Death Rattle [DARK/WIND DROP] - by Kid - 06-08-2016, 05:26 PM
RE: Death Rattle [DARK/WIND DROP] - by Tyrath - 06-08-2016, 07:47 PM
RE: Death Rattle [DARK/WIND DROP] - by Tiamat - 06-08-2016, 08:27 PM
RE: Death Rattle [DARK/WIND DROP] - by Oizys - 06-09-2016, 10:29 AM
RE: Death Rattle [DARK/WIND DROP] - by Milo - 06-09-2016, 01:51 PM
RE: Death Rattle [DARK/WIND DROP] - by Orithia - 06-09-2016, 07:34 PM
RE: Death Rattle [DARK/WIND DROP] - by Astarot - 06-10-2016, 04:58 AM
RE: Death Rattle [DARK/WIND DROP] - by Syrena - 06-10-2016, 10:57 AM